Thursday, May 22, 2014

Weathering the Storm(s)

As you probably have heard, we've had some severe weather in Colorado the last few days. At nearly the same time in the afternoon - both yesterday and today, the last 45 minutes of the school day were spent sitting on the floor in the hallway, as we waited out tornado warnings.
While I went to the studio to work the front desk, and take a YogaCycle class last night - this afternoon I stayed home, and did a 30 minute yoga practice with Spotify's "Post Yoga Glow" station. Sun Salutations, followed by a few twists and hips, and working on my newest accomplishment: "flipping my dog".  Starting in downward dog, and lifting one leg...

Then flip over - lifted leg leading over the body, landing like this:

SO MUCH FUN! 


Breakfast of Blueberry Clusters (although mostly flakes in this shot) and almond milk

Avocado Rolls for lunch

Post yoga strawberries

Oven roasted potatoes with Italian Seasoning, and steamed kale with Miso Gravy

There were also plenty of pretzel sticks consumed while I waited out the tornado warnings...

I understand the east coast is now receiving some of our fun weather, and to you living there - stay safe and dry! 

9 comments:

  1. As you know I'm a big weather junkie, particularly severe weather and natural disasters... and out of everything I think that tornados scare me the most! It must have been terrifying for you and the students I'm so sorry that you had to go through that! I'm glad that you are ok though and it seems as though nothing hit you?

    At least you had some delicious meals throughout the scariness? The avocado rolls are gorgeous, they look so fresh! I'm seeing everyone's berries and I'm thinking it's time to splurge because they look so good. Dinner looks nice and comforting too which I'm sure you needed after all of the craziness!

    Flipping the dog sounds like so fun! I have a weird flipping phobia (add it to the list, I know) and I basically don't like flipping over (I've never done a somersault in my life) so I've never gotten past the leg lift in downward dog :X It sounds like fun though! Maybe I'll work towards that and conquer my phobia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been practicing flipping my dog everyday! I have a phobia of headstands, but I feel like I should learn to do them. When I do, I will post a picture! Yikes! ;) We can cheer for each other!

      Rain is good, hail is not. Nor tornadoes! Ha ha! But that kind of weather invites the warm food, to be certain!

      Delete
  2. I heard about the hail storm you Denverites had, but didn't hear about the tornados. Guess you were worried about little Remy at home unprotected.

    Those are gorgeous Avocado Rolls. Do you do the Pickled Ginger and Wasabi as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did leave both days immediately. And he was just fine. Napping on the couch, like nothing had been happening!

      I know some wasabi has milk or whey in it, and so I don't use it. I should probably just ask. The pickled ginger kind of weirds me out...

      Delete
    2. This is the first I've heard of Wasabi not being vegan! I thought it was just mashed Horseradish!

      Delete
  3. We're always tracking the weather there & saw what you were getting. Yikes! Another week and we'll be there, so hopefully that's past now...

    I like Flipping the Dog. It feels SO good! Mike has started doing yoga and it's really helped his recovery. It's such an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it such a fun move?! I am still amazed at Mike's progress; I'm sure yoga helps a lot!

      Woo hoo! I'll be waving towards the north end of my state, wishing you good weather! It's supposed to be in the 80s all week, so hopefully that continues next week, too.

      Delete
  4. I hope you get some better weather for the holiday weekend! Those strawberries...yummm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've missed seeing you around these parts!

      Delete