Monday, May 26, 2014

The Holiday Weekend

There were a couple of events happening in Kansas this weekend, so Remy and I tagged along.  We left early Saturday morning, watching the clouds roll by...

Being lazy...

Playing dominoes...

Walking around the "downtown"


Eating (some) of the food I brought along:


Conversing, laughing, not sleeping enough - but I guess that's the trade off for visiting extended family. ;)

We left this morning, trying to benefit from the good weather, as another round is anticipated for later today.
Harvest is looking a bit late this year, and my brother and I might be across the pond at the time.  However, if we can squeeze in another trip in late June - we'll go!  

See you tomorrow with a regular Tuesday post! Happy Memorial Day!

9 comments:

  1. Whenever I see yr photos of Kansas I always think, "straight on til morning." Downtown looks interesting. maybe it's a good thing you brought yr own food.
    Dominoes! The people in the building next door play dominoes all summer long in the backyard, slamming those tiles down all night! I have never learned to play, though.
    Glad you enjoyed yrself in any case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, that could be true. Western KS is a little more rolling that central and eastern, but you can usually see for miles on end! It's become a requirement that I bring my own food. They have one over-priced grocery store that does not have much of a selection.

      The name of the domino game we play is called "Chicken Foot". I highly recommend it. Grandma was losing most of the time, and she was angry about it. Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. The Kansas Board Of Tourism would be thrilled with this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except I didn't disclose the "rolling hills" shots from #1 and #9....that's eastern Colorado, highway 36 to be specific.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! I feel like Remy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had been running around quite a bit, so this shot was during one of his "breaks". ;)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a really great trip!! Spending time with family is always nice and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Remy! Such a sweet pea. The skies look menacing in those first photos and so lovely and summery in the last. I'm glad you were able to avoid the craziness mother nature has brought your way so far and stay safe in the upcoming storms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a great model this time around. Terra was not, which is why you don't see her. My grandparents have a dog, too, but he is too busy being unhappy about his house being taken oven to pose for the camera.

      Thank you! They were really lovely shots of the sky and land, especially from a vehicle moving at 70 mph...

      Delete
  5. That last picture just makes your heart sing looking at it - what a beautiful view, only pipped in cuteness by Remy!

    ReplyDelete