Thursday, May 1, 2014

Surrender

*Waiving a white flag* I am clearing my calendar, with the exception of yoga for the next three days.  I know I have been living a too busy schedule, and now. . .I have a virus. Not allergies. A "faucet and plugged drain in one" nose, my sense of taste is gone.  Most people I've talked to said they were sick for 10 days.  So, I'm going to slow down for a bit (taking a half day tomorrow), and try to get well as soon as possible.

Detox Drink

 The heels of my bread loaf had fallen apart in the bag. I toasted them as is, and mashed a perfect avocado on top with Old Bay seasoning.

Leftovers for lunch: Bombay Bowl (Sweet Korma with Tofu, Veggies, Chili Lime Sauce) 

A friend invited me to Happy Hour earlier in the week, and I asked to move it from a bar to a tea/coffee shop.  She suggested True Food Kitchen, where we both had the "Kale Aid".  


I picked up soup from Whole Foods for dinner (Quinoa Vegetable)
And now I've had three cups of tea, followed by a dose of medicine.  Hopefully now that I've moved from fighting into surrender, it'll all be over quickly. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I'm so sorry you are sick. There have been some demon viruses going around, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with one. I'm glad that you are being kind to yourself and taking the time to get better.

    It looks like you've enjoyed some nice healing foods too. I'm sure the detox drink will help fight whatever yucky stuff is going on. The kale aid will help too, definitely a good choice. I'm sure the soup and avocado toast and Bombay bowl were all really comforting. I know you must be feeling so yucky, I hope that you can get rid of it way quicker than 10 days. I'm sending you healing vibes and happy thoughts, please get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to get sick once a year, so hopefully this fills my quota. Not a lot of fun!

      Naturally, my streak ended this morning - I ran out of time and didn't make one! But I'm back on the detox drink tomorrow, for certain. I thought of you when making the toast, as I recall you having it!

      Thank you for the well wishes! I feel better than yesterday, but still not 100%. Your vibes and thoughts must be helping!! :)

      Delete
  2. Argh, there's a lot of it about - everyone I know seems to be ill, only I didn't know it could be transmitted through the internet. If anything's going to fix you up, it's the it's the kale aid - such a good idea. I hope you're well before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a pandemic illness! Thank you for the well wishes!

      I'm not sure if you saw my previous post - I'm headed to your country this summer! Specifically the London area and to the west. Maybe I'll shoot you an email for spots to check out!

      Delete
  3. Never surrender! Never give up!!! Hot Rum Toddies will cure what ails you! Attack! Attack! Attack!

    We're getting a True Food Kitchen here in the summer. Can't wait to try the Tempeh Sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I shouldn't have given up, I canceled my plans for this evening - and while I wish I was doing something entertaining, my body probably needs it and Remy probably enjoys having me home.

      I want to go back and try a meal, but with my waning sense of taste, I stuck to the juice yesterday. Ours has been open for about a year, and the wait for a lunchtime or dinnertime table is an hour - and they don't take reservations.

      Delete
  4. Feel better soon Ingrid. The kale aid sounds pretty good. Liquiteria here has a juice with cayenne, ginger, lemon juice, and some other herbs to zap what ails ya straight out.
    I rarely get sick but it's always good to take things a little easier on yr body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost 100%! My nose is super chaffed, and still a little congested but nothing compared to Thursday. I think that was the worst day out of the entire virus. The juice sounds really promising! Thanks, Maud!

      Delete