Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hot, Hot, Hot

Final exams are over and graded, which means it is time for field trips and project based learning.  My colleague and I put to rest our Justice System course, and are embarking on exploring different fields for each of the days we work with students.  Today, we spent the good part of the time outside of the building, focusing on the Hospitality industry.  We toured a local state university's program in hospitality, and visited the venerable Brown Palace Hotel.

As you can see, I forgot to snap a picture of the exterior, but I did get one inside:

As such, we were walking the entire day.  It's 84 degrees outside. I am now sporting a sunburned face and lips, and will need another shower.  Home practice yoga after three miles in the sun... Yes, there were "flipped dogs".  

I started my day with a little more density, in the form of Tofutti and a toasted Everything bagel.

Bought a "snack tray" (I gave away the cheese it also had) while the students opted for fast food.

Still hot, sweaty, and tired - I went to Whole Foods for a salad and a sourdough roll (already ingested, not pictured).  Balsamic vinaigrette from home applied afterwards.

What career are you exploring tomorrow, you ask?  Entrepreneur enterprises. . .we're going to local businesses. And no, not a dispensary.  I'm off to write a mini lesson on Business degree requirements, see you on Thursday!

11 comments:

  1. What is it about Tofutti cream cheese that gives it such staying power? My tastes have evolved in so many other things, but there's always a tub or two in my fridge. Next step is making my own to see how it compares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Abby! Tofutti is hands down the best cream cheese. I can't wait to see how your version works out!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving Trader Joe's Vegan Cream Cheese these days, but that is a world class schmear of Tofutti.

    So none of the kids are hoping to become ninth grade teachers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I didn't love TJ's. Tofutti, while a dollar more, is so much better.

      Ha! We don't even consider talking about education.

      Delete
    2. Interesting you didn't love the TJ's Cream Cheese.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that hotel is beautiful! Have any of the students expressed interest in the hospitality field? How are the field trips chosen? Ugh such a bummer about the sunburn :( I burn very easily too so I know how you feel and I'm sure it's not good.

    Great looking meals. The bagel looks tasty as always and the snack plate looks like a good alternative to fast food. Great looking salad too!

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a beautiful hotel! Really spectacular! If you worked in Denver, you would have shot a few weddings there.

      I am only adding to my sunburns. It's so hot, and regardless of how much sunscreen I've slathered on, I sweat it off quickly. Gross.

      The snack plate was so good, I was surprised!

      Delete
  4. You set such a good example for yr students! maybe the fast food will change in a couple years...
    I want a bagel now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Most know about my eating habits, but they are not interested in it too much as of yet.

      Delete
  5. I'm having a bagel craving now. But then again, I could say that about most times of the day!

    ReplyDelete