Thursday, May 15, 2014

Classic Line Up

Looking back at my food choices today, I notice that I have gravitated towards the old favorites. Or at least meals in the top five in each category. Firstly, Kashi Blueberry Clusters (Oatmeal Squares and Crispix hanging out in the cereal favorites right along with it).
 Restaurant created salads aside, the Taylor Farms Asian Chopped Salad with mandarin oranges is my favorite "not prepped by me" pre-bagged salad.
 In the dinner pasta category, I think Spaghetti with Nate's Meatless Balls is tied with Pasta Con Broccoli.

Trying to be a daily ritual:
the Happy Herbivore Detox Drink (imbibed prior to breakfast this morning) 

Home practice yoga: trying out this Manduka mat the studio owner let me borrow (it's one of her personal mats - so nice!).  I've mentioned to her a few times that I have to use a hand towel at the top of my mat during flow classes, because my palms get sweaty and slide when in downward dog.  Manduka mats are supposed to help with that.
So far, I like it for home practice. In studio I still need a towel because while it's not hot yoga, it's still warmer than my house... Nonetheless, I love that she let me try out this $100 mat with a test drive this week!

Happy Weekend Eve!

10 comments:

  1. Happy weekend eve to you! (I'm totally borrowing that expression!) It looks like a good healthy selection in there - oh for some ready made meatballs in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away! It was a great selection of meals!

      Delete
  2. Your classic dishes definitely create a great line up of meals! Like I said, the blueberry kashi is my favorite cereal so I'm definitely with you on that. It's so damn delicious. The salad looks so pretty and colorful and I love almonds in my salad. They add such a satisfying crunch. Broccoli is my favorite pasta add in :)

    How nice of her to let you try out her mat! When I did Bikram Yoga I bought a no slip towel that I would put over my mat because sweat just pours out of you when you exist in 107 degrees, never mind an hour and a half of yoga! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that you would enjoy most of this day! Lots of the usual suspects here, and ones that never fail to deliver.

      I spoke with her today regarding my review, and I'll be returning it to her on Monday - so, I'll squeeze in a few more practices before then! Bikram = never ever. I don't like being overly hot! You are awesome for trying it out!

      Delete
    2. I did Bikram for about 6 months straight and in retrospect I have NO CLUE what I was thinking. It was horrible, lol! Although my flexibility improved exponentially in a very short period of time. It was so horrible though, ha!

      Delete
  3. I've never done Yoga in my life, but I would like to. If I did do Yoga, Carol Alt recommends this mat:http://carolalt.com/2013/11/guest-post-dean-jerrehian-of-jade-yoga-mats/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked out the link, and went to the Jade yoga mat site - they sound really good!

    My introduction to a regular yoga practice didn't happen till last summer, when I took the YogaCycle class. 25 minutes of yoga was a great way to start! My advice: start small!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried that kashi cereal but those oatmeal squares are definately one of my all time favorites too. No nate's meatless balls around here, and with TJs still missing I've been doing without....:/
    I have a similar drink but at night- i use bragg's organic apple cider vinegar (2TB), the juice of half a lemon, and a splash of water. I've noticed a big improvement in overall digestive happiness!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Detox drink has those in it! As well as cayenne and maple syrup, and less ACV. It's more like 2 tsp. It does make quite the difference!

      Delete