Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Words into Actions

Three weeks ago, I purchased and downloaded the Happy Herbivore 3-Day Reboot when I was feeling in a meal rut.  I didn't love all of the recipes, but I am trying to stay committed to the Detox Drink - which is essentially the Master Cleanse (lemon, cayenne, ACV, maple syrup, water).
I'm heavy on lemon and water, and this recipe also calls for cinnamon which helps make it palatable. I'll try it everyday this week and let you know if I feel "detoxed". 

Breakfast
 Roasted chickpeas, sweet potato and asparagus with Magic Miso Tahini Sauce.
Vinyasa Flow (lots of balancing, and more advanced poses which I cannot do - very humbling but not discouraging).  Unpictured snack of toast with Earth Balance.

Tried out this combo for dinner:
 Sauteed on the stove and served as a salad.

I've spent my evening not working on lessons, but rather staring down the computer looking at international flights, and now my brain hurts.  Actually, my credit card hurts more. But, the tickets are booked!  I am London bound in July! Yes, London.  Here's the story in brief: in early March, the last of my cousins flaked on a trip to Sweden for this summer.  My brother was feeling rather uncertain about whether to go or not, and I was feeling rather uncertain about my loyalty to this family.  ;)  After much restructuring, the trip to the Motherland was scraped, and instead a 10 day excursion to London (and surrounding areas) sprouted in its place, after hours and hours of talking and debate.  So, I should probably renew my passport now. . .

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhh London!! That is going to be so amazingly fun!! I went many years ago and had a great time :) I'm so jealous. Too bad your family flaked on the motherland but you are going to have such a great time anyway. Where else are you planning on going? I backpacked to London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Brussels and Paris and I highly recommend all of them... well maybe not Brussels so much.

    Is it weird that I can chug down Apple Cider Vinegar and water but I can't stomach the master cleanse drink? I just find it so disgusting, I'm impressed with your resolve to keep it up! Your meals are so lovely. I'm now craving pb ;) Lunch looks really delicious, a great combination of flavors. I'm so curious to try that mandarin chicken, how did you like it? It looks really nice on top of the salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The excitement hasn't yet settled in, but I'm sure it will. It has been 12 years since I was last there - but my brother has never been, so seeing through his eyes will be exciting! Once the agenda for destinations is in stone, I'll reveal it all!

      I dilute it pretty well, and I have to take it easy on the ACV in the mornings. It can make my gag reflex kick in! Ha!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!! You will love London!!!! I haven't been in too many years, but it's wonderful. Do try to fall in love and move there if you can (Prince Harry is single again).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been 12 years since I was there, and I'm sure a few things have changed! Yes, that's the plan: meet a handsome "geezer" (British slang for "dude") on the flight over who loves animals, books, and is vegan. I'll write the whole romance novel while I'm at it. ;)

      Delete
    2. A Bridget Jones for the 'Naughties'.

      Delete
    3. Ha! Yes! My very own Colin Firth is awaiting me.

      Delete
  3. It would have been wonderful to seen Sweden, and interesting to have heard about the vegan options but yes, London sounds wonderful! How fun! So you are going with just yr brother? Or with more of yr family? I'm sure you'll do plenty of research - I've never been, but Abby Bean just visited recently and has a lot of posts about vegan London on her website. (http://a-soy-bean.blogspot.com/search/label/London) my interest in England is renewed due to much Downton Abbey recently. It's been a long time since I've been out of the country but Greg is dying to go.
    That last salad with the orange chickn looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will happen eventually, but probably not with the entire cousins in tow. I am going with my brother, who is not vegan, but will hopefully indulge me in veg restaurants. Otherwise I'll be eating salads and fries everywhere else, which is not sustainable!

      My bro is a complete Anglophile; he loves the Beatles, Doctor Who, Sherlock - and for me, he will watch Downton Abbey on occasion. Ha! Such a good sport.

      Delete