Sunday, April 20, 2014

Quick Trip

Friday night, four humans and two canines packed themselves into a vehicle and drove for four hours.  We met up with 10 extended family members (grandparents included! And four more canines!) in rural northwestern Kansas.  Here are some images from our time at the farm!






Farm sunset, pb & strawberry jam oatmeal, daffodil (?), spinach - blueberry - almond - pomegranate dressing salad, Cash (the chocolate lab, part of the duo Cash & June, as seen here.  They belong to my cousin and her husband).

Rewind to Friday: before I left, I had to run to the store and noticed this in the Kosher aisle
 Naturally, I had to bring a bag for the road!
My thanks to Sarah for introducing me to them! ;)

Remy had a great time, and I'm certain he'll nap more than usual for the next few days.  Meanwhile, I have to get ready for the week ahead...  See you on Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. What KIND of a vehicle did you cram all yrselves into?? A clown car? Looks like the canines and humans all had room enough to run around, though. Lots of open land out there, huh?
    Beautiful sunset, beautiful salad. Once berries are cheaper I've got to remember to put blueberries on a salad, with nuts and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Ford. Ha ha! My parent's dog, Terra, was the most annoyed at having to share space. She's still not 100% and definitely had too much fun. :( Lots of limping on the last day.

      The sunset turned even prettier, but I had already tucked my phone away inside the house and thereby enjoyed it with my senses! Berries and nuts. . .there's a joke in there somewhere. ;)

      Delete
  2. Your trip sounds really peaceful and idyllic! Family and pets are perfect company for a lovely farm weekend. The sunset and flower are gorgeous and your meals look delicious. What a beautiful pup! I bet he(?) is a good snuggler.

    Haha yay!! That's awesome that you found those snacks, I'm not going to lie... I'm kind of surprised! I don't know why I wouldn't expect a ton of kosher snacks but what a great surprise! I'm so glad you liked them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. . .I must have shown you something I didn't mean to. Ha ha! Just kidding, it was mostly peaceful. ;) I did love catching up with everyone and loving on the animals! Yes, Cash is a good boy but June is the snuggler!

      Who knew that I had all of these new treats to discover! ;) I ate half on the way out and the other half on our return.

      Delete
  3. Was this the annual harvesting of the family wheat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! Just Easter and catching up with extended family that doesn't usually get together (they live on the other side of Kansas but drove over). Winter Wheat is harvested in late June/early July!

      Delete
  4. It looks like a hard drive paid off with all the beautiful sunsets and canine company! I'm really curious about the falafel crisps - did they taste good?

    ReplyDelete