Thursday, April 10, 2014

Light It Up

Another beautiful day, and lots of natural light photos:

I should have left the dressing on side, but I mixed it in before going to work.  Thus, lunch was a tad wilted.

As I didn't go to a yoga class on Tuesday, I went to a Vinyasa Flow class this afternoon.  Lots of standing poses, and ironically both of the poses I showed you on Tuesday (Lizard and Wide Legged Forward Fold).  My hips are open! Ha!

Post workout snack

Avocado Pasta for dinner:

Time to break out the sunscreen - tomorrow our students are participating in an outdoor community service project with Parks & Rec (debris removal, planting flowers, et al) all morning, and it's going to be 75 degrees.  Don't get jealous - it's supposed to snow on Sunday... 

7 comments:

  1. Yay for natural light! It makes such a difference in photography... and overall mental health ;) It'll be great to get outside with your students! That sounds like an amazing project. How ridiculous about the snow though :(

    Beautiful meals! That salad looks really delicious. Is it weird that I actually like my salad a little wilted? I don't know why but I do. The berries have been pretty decent lately! We are getting into the season. Hopefully the price tag will go down soon too! Hooray for avocado pasta! Looks nice and creamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberries and blueberries are both about $4 for organic, and I fear they won't go any lower here. I definitely won't bother with cherries till May - $9 is a little outrageous.

      The students were partially into the project, and also a little whiny. Teenagers! Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. You are just dying to light up a legal doobie aren't you? I can tell.

    Are you photographing your lunch in the teacher's lounge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No "lighting up" here! I was waiting for someone to quote Fall Out Boy "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark"...because that was what came to mind as soon as I selected this title. ;)

      We have a high school office that can be lounge-like, and that is where I eat lunch! Lots of sunlight, as I sit by the windows.

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the light too. I had time to get home from work, make dinner, AND eat it all while the sun was still up!
    The wilted lunch looks just as good, if not better than it did when you first made it.
    I bought berries recently too. They're not even organic, and still toooo much $$. Gonna have to slow my roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best, isn't it?! I love all of the natural light.

      Berries are ridiculous in price! I try to squeeze as much time out of each box I buy!

      Delete
  4. Yep, wilted or not, I think I'd be very happy to eat that by the bucketload!

    ReplyDelete