Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Full Swing

Preface: I missed writing up a post this weekend due to being overly busy; I made a wish for more time before returning to work from the MVF (Magic Vegan Fairy) but she was on holiday. 

Back to class, and back to what's available in the kitchen for meals:
  

That was the end of last week's curry, so you won't have to see it again!

It was almost 70 degrees today, a light breeze, and lots of sunshine.  A kind of day that begs one to lay in the grass, and not go to yoga inside of a studio.  So that's what I did after work, and this guy loved every minute.
Blue sky and mountains in the background.  Not bad for the city park that used to be a cemetery - I'm sure you recall I've mentioned it before.  ;)

I did practice yoga at home for about 25 minutes afterwards, as I knew how tight my right hip had been feeling. I did two rounds of moon salutation  (it is used less frequently than sun salutations, but I love it!) followed by hip opening poses:
Moon Salutation

A couple of the hip openers I did:



Dinner via Whole Foods:
Oh hello, peanut dressing...(Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Tofu)

Time for bed! Good night!

10 comments:

  1. Aww hopefully the MVF will grant a wish for you soon! I know how brutal it feels to go back to the grind. It looks like you ate well though. I love pb and banana so much. Thanks for sharing the yoga poses! I can definitely relate to the need for hip opening and that looks like a really great sequence! I'll have to try out the moon salutation to open up! Beautiful salad too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS that pic of Remy is amazing! He looks so regal. I feel like you need to submit it somewhere... because it's that awesome.

      Delete
    2. She has yet to return any of requests, damn MVF! ;) I am all about the moon salutation, if you try it - let me know what you think about it!

      Such a compliment coming from a professional! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. The yoga pics make me feel sore just looking at them! Luckily the Remy picture makes me feel all warm and fuzzy so it evens out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These poses are definitely later in the sequence after being warmed up! Remy is definitely doing his best in the warm and fuzzy department. :)

      Delete
  3. That must be one of those really small-plates-make-food-seem-big thing with the PB & Banana.

    I love little Remy enjoying in all the sensations of spring.

    When will our WF's get Peanut Sauce?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Side plates are perfect for toast. ;)

      I'm sure your trio of canines are also ready to soak in spring!

      I'll put in a call, see if I can get it there for you soon...

      Delete
    2. 'enjoying in'?! OMG. I think I meant soaking in or something. Yikes.

      Delete
  4. I love the moon pose chart! Looks like a great sequence. When I did yoga, I definitely focused on hip opening too. It feels so good.
    All the curry pics were good! Did you cut those carrots crinkle-cut? Or did they come in a bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try the sequence, let me know what you think! It's supposed to be a "cooling" sequence, unlike sun salutations which are a bit of work with all of the chaturangas.

      The veggies were frozen, but if I had time I would totally do a crinkle cut!

      Delete