Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Eclipse Effects

Why, yes, I did get up in the middle of the night.  I love astronomy, and seeing the Blood Moon had to happen!  As I don't own a camera with proper lenses, I'm borrowing this one from NASA:


I was outside before the full eclipse, so there was a sliver of silver still left.  It makes me think that our ancient ancestors must have had full nervous breakdowns when seeing something like this!  I completely geeked out the science teachers today talking about it.

The main effects of my viewing were most felt this morning, when I snoozed for 20 minutes, and I'm still tired. Ha! It was worth it, and I'll go to bed early tonight.  However, I ran out of time this morning and did not take of breakfast (pb banana toast).

I ran out at lunch to pick up a BBQ Gardein Chik'n Wrap with Garden Salad and Balsamic.

Shen, I ate the olives and thought of you. ;)

Vinyasa Flow right after school.  All hips, all the time: standing splits, half splits, full splits (or rather, whatever we can do). Also, lots of twists - which is good for detoxing.

It's back to curly kale after two weeks of lacinato. Steamed and served with Happy Herbivore's Mushroom Gravy and cornbread.

Did you see the eclipse? I'm hoping when it happens again in October, it's on a weekend...

See you Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. I missed the eclipse! I am kind of bummed but I am also not entirely sure I would have been able to see it. It was pretty rainy last night. I infused some tea under the moon, though, to be sure to catch some of the magic. I bet it was intense; good for you for getting up!
    Lunch looks great. And the mushroom gravy as always.
    You thought of Shen when eating the olives; I thought of you yesterday as I did hip-opening yoga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I should have been in the mountains; I was able to see it, but it was small and apparently everyone else wanted to leave all of their exterior lights on. Ha ha! Still fun, though.

      I'm loving this gravy, all the way!

      Oooh, yay! I bet you felt pretty amazing afterwards. Or maybe emotional, as apparently we hold a lot of emotions there. I've been a little cranky or sensitive after hip openers!

      Delete
  2. I am so sad, I totally missed the eclipse! I've been a crazed lunatic lately and it just completely slipped my mind. I'm not even sure I would have been able to see it though because it was miserable and rainy. The picture you posted is gorgeous though.

    Lunch looks so delicious. I definitely would have done the same and just picked something up... actually I did today ;) Forgot to photograph it though... sadly. The kale and cornbread look really delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Shakes fist* Ugh! Those clouds! Hopefully October will prove better for viewing. I wish I had been able to get a proper picture. My thanks to NASA! ;)

      I actually had a colleague "ooh" and "that looks good" on my lunch. We know what's delicious!

      Delete
  3. I've being such beautiful pictures of the blood moon - so jealous we didn't get to see it here. Still, the normal moon over London was still gorgeous last night. The gravy looks pretty magic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You'll have to catch it next time, if it's in your horizon!

      Delete
  4. DCers weren't able to view the eclipse due to the lousy weather. That Wrap and Salad looks so good, I'm not surprised you thought of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the next viewing is visible for you! How could I not think of you? ;)

      Delete