Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Double the Fun

Truth be told, I have yet to attend to my to-do list.  I've been busy running errands, and spending time at the studio. However, I have to be productive tomorrow or else I'll fall behind!

Classes: Restorative Yoga (Sunday) - I'll go again when I have a lot of stress in my life, but it's not a class to regularly attend.  YogaCycle (Monday) - sprint ladders the entire spin class (15 seconds on/off, 30 seconds on/off, 45 seconds on/off, 30 seconds on/off, 15 seconds on/off....repeat 4 times with a two minute break in the middle), fantastic yoga sequence to cool down.  Vinyasa Flow (Today) - dare I say it? Not as hard as I expected.  This teacher usually kills me, but it felt like she made it an easier class.

Monday eats:
TJ's Oats baked with fresh blueberries.

Pre-workout snack

Appetite for Reduction's Pasta Con Broccoli

Experiment #1: Tofurky Kielbasa, Yellow Onion, Lacinato Kale with spices and nooch. Served with a yam which was oven roasted with maple syrup and sea salt.  Awesome combo of spicy, savory, and sweet.  (Successful  experiment)


Tuesday eats:
Experiment #2: Restaurant style Grits & Scramble Bowl.  Grits I made too thick, and the scramble needed some spinach. I did put the Daiya Cream Cheese in it, and gets an "okay" vote in my book.  (Semi-Successful experiment)

Same lunch as Monday.

Experiment #3: Homemade Curry Bowl.  Used this recipe for a coconut curry sauce, with frozen veggies over TJ's Organic Jasmine Rice.  The sauce needs to be thicker, but the taste was good enough.  Next time, I might add some tofu. (Semi-Successful Experiment).

Lastly, for your viewing pleasure: walked around a lake this morning 
 And this guy went to the Groomer's...

I'll be back on Thursday with more Spring Break activity! Now, it's back to the beach laundry...

P.S. According to what I've been told, Terra is functioning at about 80%.  She's still on the anti-inflammatory meds, so it's hard to tell.  Thank you for all of your continued well wishes! 

10 comments:

  1. Whoa! Grits + scramble sounds so good! Hopefully you can perfect that! maybe if you add just a little cornstarch or flour to the curry sauce, it will thicken up for you.
    Vinyasa Flow feeling easier must mean you are getting better at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are absolutely right about the cornstarch! It would be a matter of playing with how much.

      Perhaps "used to" the flow speed, but I can definitely still work on my chaturanga and balance poses!

      Delete
  2. What a great update! It certainly seems like you've been getting some great workouts in as well as some great meals. The grits and scramble look fantastic as does the pasta con broccoli. I love pasta with broccoli, it's definitely my favorite way to eat pasta. The kielbasa with greens and yam sounds really delicious. I love maple roasted yams, yum! Definitely lots of great experiments coming from your kitchen.

    What a beautiful view you had for your walk! And such handsome company too :) He looks so dapper after his grooming. Thanks for the Terra updates! She's such a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy is so handsome with his haircut, I agree! ;)

      I took today off from kitchen experiments, but they will be back in action tomorrow. Ha ha! Pasta con Broccoli is so good! I will definitely be remaking the grits bowl soon.

      If I could go to all of these classes, all of the time - I would be so happy! Work totally gets in the way! ;)

      Delete
  3. Grits too thick?! I didn't know that was possible.

    Look at you using all those TJ's products like you've been shopping there for years.

    I love Remy's summer cut as well. Groomers must be working overtime. Thanks for the Terra update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I didn't measure everything correctly, so the grits were a little thick.

      I still have so much to learn from TJ's! ;)

      This groomer really is excellent, although Remy still "puts on the brakes" when we get near the door!

      Delete
  4. Yoga Cycle sounds so intriguing to me! I would love to try a class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent news about Terra (and excellent you get to enjoy spring break too!) What's kielbasa? I've never tried it (ditto grits, but at least I know what they are!) Good experiments all round too - I'd keep coming back to that curry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should direct to a great curry recipe, as all of my resources have been exhausted! Kielbasa is a sausage type product.

      Delete