Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Winter's End

Don't let the beauty fool you:
The "feels like" temperature is 27 degrees. It was 71 degrees yesterday.  It did snow today, but because the ground was so warm - it has all melted.  

Back to the eats: Van's Gluten Free Waffle with peanut butter and maple syrup.
 Friday night, my neighbor had a couple of us over for appetizers and drinks.  She sent me home with a container of her Whole Foods inspired quinoa-cranberry-spinach-garbanzo bean - almond salad.  Super yummy.  I added a side of kale with balsamic vinaigrette.

Pineapple

PB Filled Pretzels

It was a lot more spinach when I started.  Topped with salted pepitas and garlic powder. Potato wedges and ketchup.  Hot tea to follow shortly.

Yesterday's Align & Flow was pretty tough, and I let that be my excuse for not going to yoga today.  The truth is, I know I would have felt better after going -and I still decided to stay home.  

See you on Thursday - the first day of Spring!

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait for spring too! New fruits and veggies will be in season. The quinoa salad looks great. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Spring has arrived, and bring on the berries and cherries! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. The weather has been so nutty lately! The picture is really beautiful though. I can't wait to soak in that 80 degree weather this weekend :)

    Great looking meals as always! I love the waffle every time you post it. How nice that your neighbor had you over for dinner. I love having neighbors that we are friendly with. Looks like she made a really beautiful dish for you as well. I hate that spinach wilts down that much, it makes me sad lol. THe potato wedges look perfect. I haven't mastered the art of the perfect potato wedge yet, sadly.

    Hooray for spring! Can't wait for consistently nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hope the weather is absolutely fantastic for your trip; lots of sunshine and palm trees! I'm so glad she supplied me with lunch for two days - ha ha! I know, I should just do double the amount of spinach I think I need.

      Delete
  3. Wonder why your neighbor invited you in for apps & drinks? What is she up to?

    Great looking Waffle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! There's a small group of us who have gotten together a few times, and our host this time was Frankie's Mommy (the Chihuahua mix who plays with Remy).

      Delete
  4. Don't you hate it when you talk yourself out of a good workout? Never pays off doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up doing some slow flow that evening, and I felt so much better!

      Delete
  5. It felt like winter had ended over last week, and now it's back with a vengence! I guess it's not all bad - I get to use it as an excuse for more mugs of hot chocolate!

    How cool to have neighbours that invite you around (and send you home with salad!) I'm not sure I could pick mine out of a lineup!

    ReplyDelete