Thursday, March 13, 2014

Uphill

This week has been all uphill. Long workdays (state test has been over the last three days: nine and a quarter hours of proctoring is never fun), and general lack of sleep equals a cranky lady.  I left work a little earlier today, and had a nice long walk with Remy in the sunshine.  Once tomorrow afternoon hits, I will have an adult beverage and go to bed early. Ha!

Also, I've been lazy in the kitchen.
 Toasted TJ's Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with TJ's Vegan Cream Cheese
 Whole Foods Vegan Tamales.  Still no forks at work. . .  A student teacher who has spent the year with us mentioned that she had tried these, and knew they were good.  The other coworkers looked on in envy as I ate.  ;)

Pineapple in the afternoon

Bombay Bowl's Sweet Korma Tofu and Veggies over Jasmine Rice.  Still off menu, and still so good.

P.S. Also teacher world related: Friday is Pi Day (3.14), so eat some pie.  Saturday is the "ides of March" (3/15), so if you're Julius Caesar, stay home and you won't be killed. Or eat a vegan caesar salad in remembrance.  

10 comments:

  1. Happy Pi Day!! I'm not a teacher but I am a nerd and can appreciate that stuff ;) Sounds like a long week indeed, hopefully all of the testing went well and you enjoy your adult beverage tonight! I'm going to be enjoying some adult beverages next week in Florida and I'm excited :)

    The meals all look great! I can see why your coworkers would be envious of those delicious looking tamales. We have no cutlery at work either so I keep my bamboo set and/or my chopsticks for dummies with me in my bag. Pineapple is so good and refreshing, has it been warming up by you? It may be off the menu but that bowl still looks great! Isn't it fun to order off the menu? It's like you are part of a secret society, ha!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did celebrate with two glasses of champagne! It was a long week, that's for sure.

      I am so excited for your trip!! I know you'll have an amazing time!

      I usually bring utensils, but I didn't bother last week. The other days I had hummus, crackers, and carrots for lunch - all hands!

      It is like being in a secret society; as long as a few others also buy it so it stays on the menu. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey, you better not let Juan Pablo hear you say you're cranky. No crankiness allowed!

    How come there is Cream Cheese on only one half of the Bagel? Too lazy to schemer both halves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! No, not lazy, just mid-prep. A different kind of photo, if you will. ;)

      Yes, Juan Pablo wants an opinion-less, thought-less Barbie to be his play object. And Nikki is apparently willing to play. *sigh*

      Delete
  3. I am SO jealous of the vegan tamales!!! I swear there is no such thing in nyc.... They don't trust you with plastic forks?? My old office never had any silverware (or salt!) so i had a stash in my desk along with one of those $2 salt grinders from TJs. Co-workers made fun of me.....until they needed a spoon or some salt!!
    The bombay bowl looks delicious with some good veggies too.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tamales are definitely a staple here, but we are pretty demanding of Mexican food here in the western states. ;) I think it's more that all of the forks have been used, and all we have left are spoons. Ha!

      Delete
  4. Aaaccchh, I forgot the Ides of March! How could I?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a busy couple of days between Pi Day and St. Patricks - the Ides are quickly lost! ;)

      Delete
  5. I hope the weekend smoothed things out for you a bit. The tamales sound great; I'm not sure I've ever had any. The pineapple looks delicious! That's also something I really don't buy much but it's sooo so good.
    Thanks for the reminder on both nerdy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete