Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring It On

The last two days, I've enjoyed the same smoothie for breakfast: frozen banana, spinach, chocolate brown rice protein powder, and almond milk.
 Lazy lunch: Garlic Hummus, snap peas, carrots, crackers
 A little bitter, but I chugged it for all its nutrients:
Avocado Pasta for dinner:

I went to Gentle Vinyasa today, giving the new teacher one last try - and I'm just not feeling her style.  I've established a home practice, and will instead devote Thursday workouts to that.  I was really hoping that she would do more overall stretching, as I am super sore from yesterday's RideTRX, but it was just hips and a little hamstring.

Six more work days till Spring Break (it's super late this year - first week of April)...

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that juice! Too bad it wasn't yr thing.
    Definitely looks like some spring meals you have - I almost had a similar lunch of hummus and crudites - I really love snap peas and finally just bought some today!
    Love that the smoothies are coming back. Chocolate protein powder sounds like it makes everything delicious. mine is vanilla, which is good, but I don't add it when there's fruit other than banana in it because it's just too overpowering a flavor.
    Happy Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my dislike came from the parsley. I'm not a fan of parsley at all! The hummus lunch happened for me three times this week; I couldn't be bothered for more effort. Ha ha!

      I've had this container of chocolate brown rice protein powder, and it is set to expire in two months. You will be seeing it show up in a lot of posts!

      Happy Spring, Maud!!

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmm!!! Chocolately Shake for breakfast and Creamy Pasta for dinner. I can do without the healthy stuff in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However, there has been chocolate lately - so technically, you're right. "I can do without the healthy stuff..." says the lady who eats a lot of celery. ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, this Celery kick is so weird.

      Delete
  3. Those snacks are just what I need to take to work so I don't end up eating a lot of rubbish - the crackers and veggies and hummus is just what I need instead. Ditto that smoothie - can you just meal plan for me?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snack type foods are always good to have around! Especially if they are fruit and veg!

      Delete
  4. Your smoothie looks so good! I wanted smoothies so bad in the Florida warmth but coming back to the cold I know I'm going to have to hold off. I love snacky lunches like that and bummer that the "sweet greens" juice was bitter. Looks like that delicious avocado pasta made up for it though!

    That's a bummer about the new yoga instructor. That's great that you've been able to practice at home though, at least you'll still get that stretching in.

    Hooray for spring break!

    ReplyDelete