Thursday, March 6, 2014

Show & Tell

First, I'll tell: I did it! I went to Trader Joe's and purchased things I don't need! Some items in my basket were healthy, but generally I went in to peruse the aisles for about 35 minutes.  Everything I purchased was an impulse buy. I waited a little in line, but that was just because the two people in line ahead of me were Chatty Kathys with the cashiers.
Everyone I know raves about the PB pretzels, and I think I've actually had them previously. The pizza is for tomorrow night.  Chicken-less Crispy Tenders.  Shen: I walked the frozen section three times, read each tag, and found no meatless meatballs. When an employee happened to be restocking, I asked her - they currently don't have them.  They are still figuring out their "buyer demographic" to determine how much meat/non-meat to carry, but she is vegetarian and said she wanted them to be there too! Fingers crossed!  In six months, another location opens within a five mile radius of me - I'll check there as well. 
Oats, butternut squash, flatbread, and  bananas.

Now for the show: as you know all know, I'm currently having a love affair with yoga.  I thought I'd show a few of my favorite poses.  I'm probably not as elegant as these photos, but I do love the stretches and movement in each one!
Pyramid 

Half Moon

Gate

I'll see you soon, lovelies! Have a great night!

10 comments:

  1. I love how everything you bought was an impulse buy! So funny. I've been doing yoga regularly since January, and I'm loving it. Right now I can only do the half moon with my "floor leg" bent with the knee on the floor. I already can see my flexibility improving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the wonders of our bodies is that they are so different - even from each side! My right "floor leg" half moon is awesome. My left - I can hardly balance. It's one that I'm working on at home a lot!

      Delete
  2. Haha yayy! I'm so happy for you. You didn't do so badly with the impulse buys: I REALLY try not to go in there without a list. Whenever that happens, my basket is somehow half chips and half chocolate. Definitely no bananas.
    Do you think it'll become a regular stop for you? I'm curious to see how yr hauls evovle. Because I'm a geek like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they figure out their buyer demographic includes vegans! I don't know how regularly, but I can see me going once or twice a month for certain items. For example, the flatbread is sooo good!

      Oh I was tempted to dump a few boxes of the dark chocolate almonds into my basket, but at $5 a pop. . .I'll wait. ;)

      Delete
  3. Yay, welcome to the club!!! I also love that all of your purchases were impulse purchases. I feel like that's the way it should be for your first perusal ;) I hope you enjoy everything you purchased, it looks like you made some great choices. I actually just got home from Trader Joe's too but I just picked up a few essentials. I'm with FF, I'm looking forward to seeing future hauls.

    I seriously need to get back into yoga, I miss it so much. Thanks for sharing your favorite poses, I am always curious to see what poses other people like! I am so terrible at balance so half moon is torture for me. I could stay in downward dog all day, I love it. I also like pigeon even though it hurts my hips like crazy... after a month of pigeon I could see a HUGE difference. I also like half moon pose. I feel so stretched after I do those.

    Thanks for this show and tell post! I loved it, I would love to see more of these in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most items will probably be impulse until I figure out what I like from them! It's fun, but also difficult to not overspend. ;)

      I'm so interested to see what positions people like best! What's interesting: now that I have vocalized this - 2 out of the 3 poses have happened in classes I've taken over the week. We did half moon today after spinning! I hear you on pigeon, so good and yet unpleasant!

      Woo hoo! I will definitely be switching it up! :)

      Delete
    2. I just realized how stupid that sounded that I said I didn't like half moon and then that I did. There is a different half moon pose in Bikram yoga that I like. http://bikramyogarichmond.com/postures/ardha-chandrasana The side bending is great but that backbend is pure torture!!

      Delete
  4. Pretty healthy impulse buys. I am one of the few people that do not like those PB Stuffed Pretzels, let us know what you think of them. You can switch your Kroger PB to TJ's and the Tofutti Cream Cheese to TJ's This Is Not Cream Cheese. I sure hope they get the Meatless Meatballs in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the pretzels - I tried a handful today after working out, and it really hit the spot. They are a little dry, but this way I don't eat too many. Good to know about the PB! I saw the TJs cream cheese, but was unsure. They seemed to be heavy of gluten-free, and light on the vegan.

      Delete
  5. Well, obviously you will just have to call daily until they get in the meatless balls. A few other TJs favorites are the frozen veggie masala burgers, the indian flavors are different from any other veg burger i've had. The high protein tofu is really firm, no need to press it, the frozen soycuttash is great, and horseradish hummus is a staple for me.
    Be careful, the TJs checkers are trained to be chatty.....and sometimes i am not!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete