Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mardi Gras Fail

One of the assistant principals was handing out beads (unsolicited - I did not dance or lift my shirt, thank you very much), but I failed miserably on the Fat Tuesday food: no pancakes, no doughnuts, no sweet bread.  Instead there was this:

I also took a picture of my lunch (the Yakisoba noodle, Tofurky Kielbasa, and asparagus dish from my last post), and apparently deleted it. Great work!  *sigh*

I attended Vinyasa Flow this afternoon: balance and splits.

And then I promptly talked myself into an indulgent dinner:
Native Foods Chipotle Chopped Salad

How's your week going? See you on Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. That chopped salad doesn't look anywhere close to a fail to me - looks pretty darned good all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! The salad was definitely not failure!

      Delete
  2. I see zero fails in this post! Except maybe splits, that sounds horrible. ;) Your meals look fantastic, especially that gorgeous salad. I'm glad you talked yourself into it, you definitely deserve to treat yourself! And you definitely made me laugh with your opening sentence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not worked with admin who hand out beads, so I wasn't sure what the expectation for attaining beads included. ;) I haven't done the splits successfully since I was a single digit. We use blocks to support our hands (one on each side) as you try to slide down and hold the pose for two or three breaths. It's not too bad, promise!

      Delete
  3. At least you knew it was Mardi Gras, which is more than I can say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not have known if it wasn't for the assistant principal and beads. . . Ha!

      Delete
  4. Nice job on forcing yrself to eat something indulgent! The salad looks delicious, though the workout may have cancelled it out. Better luck next year. ;) I had a chocolate snack AND cookies yesterday.
    Are pancakes traditional on mardi gras? Or is that just a personal favorite indulgence? They seem too thin to hide a plastic baby in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it was definitely a forceful situation! ;) Pancakes are somewhat traditional (it is officially Pancake Tuesday on that day), and thus I try to do my part. Ha!

      Delete