Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Weekend

Some images from this weekend, for your viewing pleasure:

 Tofu Scramble (no Vegan Cream Cheese, so not nearly creamy enough for me - but still good), and Sunflower Whole Wheat Toast.  Black coffee.

Accidentally vegan and fantastic (it's dark chocolate).

Saturday: Spring Snow Showers all day.  (Today it is in the upper 50s)

Nicely folded yoga blankets, and similar colored mats all tucked away at the studio.  It will be totally destroyed by the time I take a 5pm class tomorrow night. *sigh* 
 For lunch this week: Lasagna Roll Ups (pressed & seasoned tofu, and kale inside).

This week ahead will be a long one: we're spending each school day with a fixed group of students studying an interest area.  My group is the Justice System.  The students will prepare for a Mock Trial, listen to guest speakers (an attorney, a judge), visit a Bail Bondsman, Police Station, Colorado Supreme Court, and sit in on a Legislative session at the Capitol.  In between all of that will be lessons on law, math, and public speaking.  Myself and one other teacher will be doing this together.  (I did this exact week last June, for those of you who might recall.  I anticipate we'll do this week yet again after finals late May/early June.)  Wish us luck!

8 comments:

  1. It's obvious Sarah is out of town, when I'm first to get here with a comment.

    Yes, this post was pleasurable to view. You had a good roll-up theme going with the last two pics.

    I never was exposed to all that cool justice system stuff when I was in junior high. Sounds like a learning experience for the teachers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice the roll up theme! ;)

      Our mix of students are both freshman and sophomores, and we have both eager and whiny members. I think they enjoyed the police station today!

      Delete
  2. I'm interested in how you made those roll ups.. Did you bake the final product at all? Sounds good, if a little messy to bring to work for lunch.
    Yr posts make me want to take yoga...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do yoga! I was thisclose to not going to class tonight, but ended up going. Best decision I made all day.

      I based the cooking method on Happy Herbivore, and she says to let them cook for about 10 more minutes while covered in sauce on the stove. They were quite tasty for lunch today, and I ate them with a fork and a knife!

      Delete
  3. Lasagne rollups? How cool! I've never heard of those before - they're just like cannelloni but with half the effort. Marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just cook the lasagna noodles, place your toppings and a little sauce - and roll! Place in the pot and cover with more sauce.

      Delete
  4. Check out those lasagna roll ups!! They look amazing! The yoga room looks so nice and clean and organized. I'd be so bummed to walk in and see it all messed up again. Love that breakfast and the trail mix looks delicious!

    Oy sounds like an intense week! Good luck with it! I remember doing a mock trial in high school and it sucked. It turned into a popularity contest and was ridiculous. Hopefully your students enjoy it more and take it a little more seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiii!!! Are you back?! I can't wait to hear about your trip! I impressed myself with these lasagna rolls - they were my first ever! The mats are never super untidy, just not color coordinated. ;) It's the blankets which are shoved back in there that drive me nuts.

      It is going to be quite a week. It feels good to have one day behind me!

      Delete