Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Slightly Unsightly

Preparing for today's post, I noticed that this is the least photogenic group of foods I've ever posted. Ha! I'll make it quick and painless (as possible) for your eyes.

Toasted Blueberry Bagel with Tofutti

Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Onion, White Sweet Potato, Miso Tahini Magic Sauce

 In celebration of 40 degrees, I wore shorts I took my snack picture outside.
 But really, people wore shorts and tank tops to my spin class. And we had the front door of the studio open during our sweat-fest because we were hot. Both in temperature and in shorts.

 Meatloaf Bites (Kidney Bean based, and I added BBQ sauce during the last 10 minutes of cooking), adding steamed kale with Old Bay seasoning.
No more ugly food photos, and no more weather reporting for at least the next week. Promise. ;)

6 comments:

  1. I don't think your food looks ugly at all! Bagels always look yummy. I've never had a blueberry bagel... do you recommend it? I've also never heard of white sweet potatoes! Lunch looks and sounds delicious and you definitely made me laugh with the wearing shorts comment. I remember when I worked out with my trainer and even in winter months I'd sweat like crazy and wish I wasn't dressed for winter. I can certainly understand shorts and tank tops in a spin class. Snack looks yummy (and I spy snow in the background!) and I love that you made individual meatloaf bites! So smart!

    Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It wasn't all that pretty, but yes, I'd recommend a blueberry when you are feeling sweet rather than savory. I double checked the organic sticker and actually Googled it to make sure it wasn't a regular potato (even though it was shaped so differently)!

      They were cranking the heat at yoga today, so I was wishing I had summer gear on!

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Who cares what it looks like as long as it tastes good, and I bet it did at that! You always remind me how much I love kale and spuds together, and don't eat enough of them together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kale and potatoes are probably my favorite vegetables, although I'd say red potatoes or yams over white sweet potatoes. . .

      Delete
  3. It's not your fault if the food was unphotogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a short conversation with all of my subjects today. Hopefully they turned out better. ;)

      Delete