Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve & Such

Whew! Made it through one evening, and only one more big day to go! I think I like the idea of the holidays more than the actual holiday itself.  Behold: my parents' tree. . .
I spent the afternoon and evening there, preparing for Christmas Eve Dinner with extended family and grandparents. We made chili and minestrone (I ate the latter, forgot to take a picture).  Speaking of chili, here was mine from Sunday:

Yesterday morning I met with friends at City O City:
Breakfast Burrito beauty.

Also enjoyed:

While wrapping presents:
Christmas morning should be enjoyable, and I plan on pretending to be pleasant when at my Aunt and Uncle's place in the afternoon/evening.  Ha! And to all a good night. . .

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ingrid!! It looks so festive at your parent's house, what a beautiful tree! How nice to spend all day with your family and being able to cook and create new memories with them. That breakfast burrito looks incredible too and hooray for citrus!! Love oranges, they've been really good this year! Love the last pic, the only thing that can make wrapping gifts more bearable is a glass of wine I think ;)

    I hope you have a nice day with your family and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I'm happy to be on the other side of the holiday, but it was certainly nice to be able to spend it with family - even if they make me crazy. ;) Oh my gosh, I loved that breakfast burrito, and would happily have it again any time! Ha ha! Wine goes hand-in-hand with the holidays!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Tree, Burrito and Chili. Let us know what cool gifts you got. I got a check, but I can't complain.

    Hope you were able to be pleasant at your Aunt & Uncle's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprised myself with my abilities this evening. I was borderline enjoyable. A glass of wine always helps. ;)

      Very well, I will take a picture of the gifts! I would have loved a check!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure any issues you had at dinner could be blamed on the recent lack of psychological counseling.

      Delete
  3. I feel ya on the wine... :) Though my holiday was surprisingly ok and it wasn't hard to be pleasant. The tree looks lovely, as does the food.
    Hope you and the family both had an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It wasn't too bad, only slightly uncomfortable. ;) Thank you, Maud! I hope you've enjoyed the holiday with your family!

      Delete