Sunday, November 10, 2013

Treats & Action

Yes, this is my third visit in two weeks.
In my recovery from the week, I have slowly been restoring my house into working order. The kitchen is definitely still in bad shape (read: a bazillion dishes needing attention - I'm out of clean forks, for one).  Thus, I picked up lunch today: the Indo Noodle Salad.
"Cucumbers, red peppers, onions, carrots, baby greens and rice noodles tossed with a
sweet peanut-chile dressing and topped with ginger-glazed Native Tempeh, peanuts and
green onion. 9.95"

You had me at "sweet peanut chile dressing".  Of which I dumped all over this salad.  Above is prior to being evenly distributed. Below is a better look.
So, so good. 

I also picked up a slice of their pumpkin pie:
That would be ginger creme in the small container. I tried a bite, and it seems flavorful.

This week - 
Action in the kitchen: Skinng Bitch Stew, Steamed Kale with Miso Gravy and Cornbread, Pumpkin Curry.
Action at the studio: Sunday - YogaCycle, Monday - Align & Flow Yoga, Tuesday - RideHIIT (and maybe Yin Yoga, too. I am undecided.) Wednesday -RideTRX, Thursday - Gentle Vinyasa Yoga, Friday - Champagne (a college friend is engaged), Saturday -YogaCycle

As I have tomorrow off, I'll be back with another post! Happy Sunday!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved the salad! I will most likely order that again the next time we eat there. So delicious!

    You're lucky to have tomorrow off. I'm tempted to only work a half day sometimes soon….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! I know how we both love peanut sauce, so this is probably my favorite Native Foods dish yet.

      I'm seriously tempted to not go in tomorrow (it's a meeting day), just because I am teetering on the edge of wellness and allergies. And I could do with more rest! I'm normally not so slovenly, but I'm listening to my body and it is speaking loudly!

      Delete
  2. That salad looks and sounds incredible! I love that you've been trying out the Native Foods menu! Now we can all live vicariously through you! I seriously need to get my butt to a Native Foods at some point. I'll have to stalk all of the locations and see if there is ever an opportunity to get there. The pumpkin pie looks incredible too. I saw a vegan pumpkin pie at WFs today but it was a full size one and I wasn't feeling a whole one. Hopefully they'll have mini ones closer to Thanksgiving.

    Looks like you have a great week planned. Especially Friday ;) Congrats to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and enjoy your Monday off!

      Delete
    2. It is currently my favorite item at Native Foods! So delicious! I bet the company is slowly moving across the nation. Or perhaps if you can take a well deserved location, you can find yourself in a city with one! :)

      I know - an entire pie is more than I need, hopefully they put out the mini or single slice for Thanksgiving!

      Thank you! I think she surprised, despite the fact they've been dating (and living together) for eight years. Ha!

      Delete
  3. Hey, I was getting ready to make Skinny Bitch Beefless Beef Stew! What a coincidence!

    It is your blogger duty to try everything on the menu at Native Foods and report on your findings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! I bought the ingredients last week, but didn't get around to it. I even bought a bottle of wine, instead of using water like last time!

      Ha ha! I'll get right on it for you! :)

      Delete
    2. Definitely need the Red Wine, real Creminis, plus I add some Kitchen Bouquet & Marmite at the end.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see yr pumpkin curry. Sounds great.
    What was it that had you so busy at work this last week?? We only have about 4 forks anyway, so dishes are one chore that tend not to pile up around here. That and I hate dishes in the sink.
    Anyway, the salad sounds fantastic. A great dressing can really make a salad. Gorgeous pumpkin pie too. I'm going to have to jump on that boat soon, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the pumpkin curry is from Skinny Bitch, too - it's in one of my cookbooks, but I will share once I make it! Ha ha! I have no excuses, other than lack of desire to clean up. I'm usually not so horrible, but I think I was lacking sleep for the most part. All I did was work, workout, short walk Remy and collapse. Everyday. I'm hoping that this week will be better!

      Yes, jump on the pumpkin pie wagon! I've decided that this one wasn't my favorite - not because of the pie (it was great) but the crust was undesirable.

      Delete
  5. You got some pumpkin pie! I haven't been to Native Foods in a while, but anything with a sweet chili peanut dressing gets my attention. Looks like you have a good kitchen week lined up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Peanut dressing is always the best way to go! I plan on cooking as much as possible today - I'm looking forward to eating well this week!

      Delete
  6. Oh, pumpkin pie! that looks divine! And pumpkin curry - it's a vegetable that keeps giving!

    ReplyDelete