Sunday, November 24, 2013

Bring on the Break

Confessions: I ate grilled Daiya sandwiches everyday but Thursday last week. I only went to two workout classes. I didn't mention that I probably have a sinus infection, and it's symptoms are affected by barometric pressure and exhaustion (still avoiding an actual doctor appointment). The day of my last post, I went to bed at 7:30pm. My sinus cavities still feel tender but my head is no longer throbbing. I say all of this so you don't scold me for working out seven times this week.  The following week, I'm going to do four.

Also, it's really cold outside.
 Another confession: I went to Native Foods Cafe again, enticing a friend with the Reuben sandwich. She loved it, and I tried something new:
 Southwest Chipotle Chop: "Grilled Native Chicken in our smoky poblano BBQ sauce atop crisp romaine, 
roasted peppers, black beans, grilled corn and a chipotle vinaigrette. Topped with tortilla crisps, pumpkin seeds, cilantro, ranch drizzle and a fresh lime squeeze. 9.95"  Delicious.

I tried to make my own restaurant quality breakfast: tofu scramble with spinach, Tofutti, and spices, grits, toast, and Earl Grey Tea.

Sunday: YogaCycle (completed!)
Monday: Align & Flow
Tuesday: Ride HIIT followed by Yin Yoga
Wednesday: YogaCycle
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Ride Empower "Students can expect an exciting class full of endurance training, sprints, climbs, intervals, and anything goes. Coaching will primarily focus on increasing power output and efficiency."
Saturday: YogaCycle

I fully recognize that there is a lot of cardio, but I've scheduled next week to be half yoga. And if I didn't mention it, I have the week off - so why not? ;)

10 comments:

  1. Yikes, sounds like a rough week. I would be all about the grilled cheeses and bed early too, if I were you. I don't think I have allergies but my head has been hurting a lot lately and I'm pretty sick of it.
    Beautiful salad. Keep on truckin though that menu :)
    Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all feels like a distant memory - minus leftover sinus tenderness. Ha ha! I'll do my best to taste as many dishes as possible. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yikes Ingrid!! I'm so sorry that you've been feeling so crappy. Sinus infections are terrible and please make sure you take care of yourself... you don't want to turning into bronchitis (giiiiiiirl I know all about that, it's not fun and it happens to me every year). I know you want to make up for missing some workouts last week but please make sure to take care of yourself and don't overdo it.

    Ugh it's been really cold over here too. I didn't even leave my house today because I couldn't deal lol. I don't blame you for eating yummy grilled cheese all week. It was a perfect comfort meal for a week of feeling totally crappy. How great that you got your friend to try Native Foods! Your choice looks delicious! Beautiful breakfast and hooray for the week off! I hope you enjoy every second of it and use it to get well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, and I'm even now thinking about taking Friday off, too. We'll see how much my body is talking to me at the end of the week! I know I should talk about it with my doctor, I think I'll call and just talk to a nurse to see what they say. *sigh*

      With the exception of a quick appointment, lunch out, and yoga - I've been home today, trying to keep warm! Thank you, I hope to make the most of the week! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling so cruddy. I know how much that can affect what you do throughout the week. There were several nights last week when I went to bed at 7:30, as well, and comfort food can definitely make a difference when you're not feeling well!

    I'm glad you got to try another great meal at Native Foods. Their salads are my favorite. I haven't had that one but it sounds like one I'd love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grilled cheese and early bed to the rescue! It was really hard to not have the Indo Noodle Salad, but I figured that I shouldn't tie myself to a "usual" so soon. Ha!

      Delete
  4. You've been eating very well. I'll have to try a Daiya Grilled Cheese. Any tips on how to make it so good that you want to eat it daily?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always make it in a skillet. A light smear of Earth Balance on one side of each slice for that nice crispy finish. Yum.

      Delete
  5. I hope by the time you read this your sinuses have well and truly cleared up! Your brekkie looks so good - tofu scramble and tea are meant to be together!

    ReplyDelete