Thursday, November 28, 2013

Break Update #2 (Thankful)

I had a few more pictures to show you, but they will wait until Saturday! It's late and I wanted to share these three with you before tucking in for the night.

Our Thanksgiving was thankfully quiet: parents, brother, myself, and the two canines. (Christmas will be huge, but everyone is coming to Colorado this year - so I'll be able to escape back to my house and my own bed!)  I prepared the snack tray while we worked on a mid-afternoon meal:

My veganized plate of mostly carbohydrates (clockwise from the top): cornbread stuffing, sweet potato mash with pecans, green beans, Tofutti creamed spinach and fried onions, brown sugar glazed carrots, mashed potatoes. 

Remy spent most of the day hanging out with Terra, my parents' 13 year old Sheba Inu.  When not guarding any dropped  food during kitchen prep, she could be found attempting to sunbathe.
I am so thankful to have you to interact with here in this medium.  Writing these "day in the life stories" through events and pictures has helped me reflect positively on life, and I am so grateful to be able to continue sharing my journey.

See you on Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really nice day! You certainly ate well. :)

    We had a quiet day, too, and I'm also thankful to have this medium. You're right, it does help to reflect on things.

    I love Terra. She's such a beauty! That's great that her and Remy get along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And ate well on Friday, too! Ha ha! My system is ready for normalcy. I hope that you and Mike had a restful and wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Molly, sounds like a really nice day with your family! Your snack tray looks lovely and yummy and dinner looks like a perfect combo of all of the Thanksgiving favorites! The tofutti creamed spinach sounds delicious, I'd be all over that!

    How sweet that Remy and Terra get along so well. Terra is so beautiful and I don't blame her for soaking in that sun!

    I'm also very grateful to have this medium to meet new, amazing people and get to know all of you. The self reflection is definitely good and necessary although (at least in my case) sometimes not pretty. That's the best part about it though, having the opportunity to work it all out and make it better and stronger :)

    Happy Thanksgiving my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah - I hope your holiday went well! Especially considering the historic collision of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah! You should, ahem, write a post about it. ;)

      Between all the activity, and a busy Satuday (it's in the 60s, Remy and I put in about three miles today! Later he'll go with me to a friend's house, and her dog is really hyper), Remy will sleep most of this next week. Ha!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your holiday with us. You think your plate is mostly carbs? I disagree. Those are some very Whipped Potatoes. What is the recipe for Spinach & Tofutti?

    Terra is gorgeous!

    I am definitely grateful for the internet as well. The self-reflection part...I'll have to ponder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Creamed Spinach recipe is my grandmother's and instead of cream of mushroom soup and regular cream cheese, I used a little vegetable broth with Tofutti. Mixed it well, added in some thawed (frozen) spinach and fried onion strips. Baked in the oven. Not too fancy! The original version also calls for crushed potato chips and melted butter to be slathered on top before baking, but that would've tripled my sodium intake for the day. ;)

      Delete
  4. What a nice plate, and a wonderful sounding time.
    I admire anyone whose plate you can still see empty spots on.
    Totally want to nuzzle that dog's neck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I was think the plate looked a little gluttonous, but now I feel better! ;)

      Delete