Thursday, October 10, 2013

On the Heels of Friday

Chocolate Brown Rice Protein - Frozen Banana - Almond Milk Smoothie
Kale Potato Salad with Tofutti  Better Than Cream Cheese and Italian Seasoning
Note: it's not nearly as good when refrigerated - best served warm.

Pre-yoga snack:

Dinner:
With peanut sauce and Sriracha, of course.

It's cool and raining this evening, and I wish I had some hot chocolate.  Instead, there will be decaf tea. 

My goal for this weekend is to make into the mountains - but first, I need to see if roads are open to non-residents (still recovering from last month's flood), and if the parks are open.  Word on the playground is national parks are closed, due to the government shut down. I'm still checking on state parks.  What are your goals for the weekend? (I also hope to sleep in, at least once!)

8 comments:

  1. Awww, rain and hot chocolate are meant to be together, but it's looks like you've got a really nice haul there. I love rice paper rolls, they make me feel healthier just looking at them. That smoothie looks so good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold weather begs for hot chocolate, hopefully I can find some this weekend! The smoothie was a close second. ;)

      Delete
  2. 'On The Heels Of Friday'. Is that like 'On The Wings Of Love'? That would be a cool post title.

    Wish I had the get-go to make that Kale/Potato Salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have the song (or just that line) rolling around in my head! Ha ha! I was just trying to come up with something different. The potato kale salad is so easy! Boil potatoes, wash and pull kale into pieces - mix Tofutti. Throw all together.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm I don't know about state parks either. I hope that you do find a place that is open and ok after all of the flooding. That would definitely be fun! Happy Friday to you :) Can't wait til 5:00 tomorrow until this painfully long week is over!!

    Great looking meals! The salad sounds so good! I bet it would be so yummy warm. The pear looks pretty awesome too. I should get pears the next time I go to WFs. I'm almost out of apples ;) Beautiful, fresh rolls and yay for peanut sauce!! :)

    Have a great weekend whatever you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a little chilly and overcast thus far, but hopefully this afternoon it stays clear! We've brainstormed some places to visit, so something will definitely happen. I hope your weekend (which starts soon!) is relaxing and wonderful!

      It's such a good salad when prepared correctly - but, lesson learned, right?! I still love peanut sauce so much! Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. I hope you're able to get to a state park. It's such a shame about the National Parks being closed. The government needs to get it together already.

    I could really go for your dinner right now, especially if it comes with peanut sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! It was a repeat, but with the time we had it was perfect. Yesterday, with the financial help of the state, Rocky Mountain National Park reopened at noon. We didn't go up there - as we heard the traffic would be insane!

      Delete