Monday, October 14, 2013

A Different Week

All weekends should be three days long, yes? Honestly, I'm not any further ahead than a two day weekend but I've enjoyed the opportunity to take care of a few more errands and still have time to see people.  Tomorrow our students have yet another day off while the faculty attends a conference.  Wednesday and Thursday are going to be super long (13 hour work days!) due to parent/teacher conferences after school, which means I'll come home during lunch to see Remy, as will my neighbor during other pockets of time throughout the day.  Some of these days will have meals catered, so I don't know what I'll be eating.  I went a little light on groceries this week (still more in the cupboard and freezer anyway!), seeing as my meals at home might be limited (minus what I bring for lunch).

Due to this different schedule, and again spending Sunday with family, my workouts will be sporadic.

Monday: YogaCycle (completed!)
Tuesday: Ride Interval and Yin Yoga (yes, two classes - back to back!)
Wednesday: long day at work
Thursday: long day at work
Friday: Vodka exhausted
Saturday: YogaCycle

During the days without a class, I do plan on slipping in some yoga when I get home from work. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. HA! Well, I went and messed it up by signing up for a 5:00pm spin class - so it'll be "happy hour" on the bike. ;)

      Delete
  2. I had a similar haul today - pears, kale, (sweet) potatoes. Good stuff. I'm enjoying pears even more than apples recently. Our workout schedules do not look as similar as the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving pears quite a bit, so delicious right now! I would recommend the Yin Yoga I completed tonight - three minutes in each stretch. I feel like a human Gumby right now.

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha I love what you wrote for Friday. That's pretty damn funny although such a bummer that you have horrifically long days on Weds and Thurs. Hopefully they will have some good food for you to eat when they cater and your produce haul looks great. I bought a shit ton more apples today. Can't get enough of them. I'm about to eat my last honeycrisp in a little bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any vodka, and I just signed up for a spin class on Friday - so I guess that'll be happening instead! Ha ha! I am NOT looking forward to the next two days. I predict there will be self-soothing with Starbucks. . .

      Those apples you see are honeycrisp!!

      Delete
  4. Haha, i agree with others about friday!
    I've had some horrible catered lunch experiences (read- i ended up with a plate of lettuce and starving!) so i always bring my meal anticipating the worst and then have it for dinner if i get lucky and catering doesn't suck ;)
    Glad its a short week with the long days coming up.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was catered from Jason's Deli, and they gave me a veggie sandwich (without cheese! amazing!), but apparently our parent group is going to cater the next two evenings. Methinks I'll be eating at home. . .

      Delete
  5. 13 hour days? They're working you hard! I hope the yoga helps as a bit of an antidote to all that working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, these days are torturous! I did a little this evening, and it was just the thing I needed!

      Delete
  6. Ouch, those are some long days! :( It's so great that your neighbor comes over to spend time with Remy, though.

    Those potatoes look extra red to me. Very pretty! I love Friday's workout plan. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my neighbor has been such a help! I'm going to thank her with a gift card tomorrow!

      Lifting vodka to one's mouth is exercise, no? :) I actually signed up for a spin class, but I might have a drink afterwards!

      Delete