Sunday, September 1, 2013

Weekend & Ahead

Very last minute, friends of my grandparents offered to drive them out from Kansas.  I already had a few things going on as well, so it has been pretty non-stop until this moment.  Friday night, I should have taken a picture, but my mother served bbq from a place that also had "tofu sliders" but Saturday night we were at aunt and uncle's new place downtown:
They downsized from a large house in the suburbs to a small, but swanky, apartment in the heart of the city.  

Today we had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, where I ate the Roasted Vegetable Salad:
And luckily, I had time for a super quick trip to the Farmer's Market:
Organic corn (from the same vendor as last week), golden beets and kale.  If I hadn't been in hurry, I might have picked up more!

Looking ahead, here's the workout set up:
Sunday: YogaCycle (yes, I did)
Monday: YogaCycle (with the hardcore gal whose class I endured this summer regularly!)
Tuesday: Ride HIIT
Wednesday: YogaCycle
Thursday: Rest (back to school night)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: YogaCycle

Again, I need to have classes as I can't be trusted to go anywhere on my own.  I hope that changes when the weather cools, and I can start to jog in the afternoon.

I'll be back tomorrow with another post! I hope your weekend has been wonderful!

11 comments:

  1. I had no clue the California Pizza kitchen had anything vegan friendly. I should check to see if they have vegan and GF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Check out their website - they have it all spelled out. This salad just needs the dressing swapped out (get the Fat-Free Balsamic instead of the Dijon Balsamic).

      Delete
  2. Been a long time since I've had the CPK Roasted Vegetable Salad. It's good.

    Posting two days in a row! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the least I can do, having a day from work and all. ;)

      Delete
  3. That salad always looks so perfect. Love all the colors going on in it. Our weekend was pretty much non-stop until now, too. Exhausting, especially considering we didn't have any plans! Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very colorful and very tasty! It's a good thing there is an extra in this weekend, otherwise I would really be setting myself up for failure. I can't be bothered to do anything around the house tonight, so tomorrow will be my "make up" day, where I do everything I should have done. Ha!

      I hope your weekend has been lovely as well!

      Delete
  4. How did you like the salad from CPK? I've always enjoyed that one but it looks like yours had less veggies? Did you get roasted corn and avocado on it? I love sun dried tomatoes... mmm! Very nice that you were able to have some time with your family this weekend. That view is gorgeous! Great farmer's market haul!! Looks like a good workout schedule for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a little avocado and corn, but not much. I figured it must have been the lunch portion? I bet your chopped salads are even tastier! After two spin only classes, and one yoga only class - I've come to really love the combo class the best. I cant' always find a time that works, but this week it's almost exclusively that class! Ha!

      Delete
  5. Nice looking salad. Don't tell Shen but it almost looks better than hers.
    Golden beets are way classy. Did they already have the tops cut off, or did they ask you if you wanted them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It was pretty to admire and delicious, too.

      I cut off the beet greens, I wish I liked them because they were quite lush!

      Delete