Sunday, September 15, 2013

Treats & Workouts

A visit to the Vegan Van (and waiting in a light rain - that's commitment! Ha!) yielded the Planet Rock with a side of spicy popcorn.  I split the sandwich in half and enjoyed it over two meals.
A visit to Beet Box produced their Beet Brownie (it has a reddish hue in person), and. . .
 Cinnamon Apple & Coconut Cashew Cream Tart.
 Don't worry, I won't eat any of these things without you!  ;)

I cut the brownie into four chunks, setting aside three for relishing in front of my meat-eating co-workers.  Here's this afternoon's chunk (the red really comes through in this photo!)
 It was moist and tasty, very light on chocolate flavor - but maybe that was the point, being a beet based brownie and all?

Luckily, I have a plan to work off the treats:

Sunday: YogaCycle (completed)
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: YogaCycle
Wednesday: Ride/TRX
Thursday: Gentle Vinyasa
Friday: Rest
Saturday: YogaCycle

I'm excited about doing my favorite class during the week; YogaCycle is usually only possible with my weekend availability.

I hope you have a great night! See you on Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. I would wait in the rain for food from the Vegan Van, too. It always looks great! Great looking treats you got and I love the red color in the brownie. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it wasn't too bad of a rain and although my raincoat is a 10+ year REI cheap bin protection, it worked well enough! I would put Beet Box (or their products - I think they are sold a few different places) on your "must try" list for a future visit. :)

      Delete
  2. Oooooh treats indeed!!! That Vegan Van puts out some fine looking food. They have a caesar salad if I remember correctly? Mmmm. The popcorn sounds great too! The bakery treats look great too and I love the plan of making everyone jealous ;) You can definitely see the red in the brownie and oh man does that apple tart sound AMAZING!!!! Hooray for Yogacycle! very awesome!! I'm sadly holding off on any intense exercise until I'm completely healed from the spinal tap because I'm terrified of spinal fluid leaks lol. But hopefully soon I'll be sweating like a crazy lady again ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please take it easy! I definitely don't want there to be a leak, that would be so scary! When you're all healed, maybe a nice gentle Yin class or Gentle Vinyasa would be wonderful for stretching.

      I can't wait to share (visually! ha!) the tart with you all, and the brownie was good! You know, I wish I had purchased the salad and added some "Spicy Tofufalo" (the filling for the sandwich). I think I'll do that next time!

      Delete
  3. I really like the look of that brownie - or should it be a reddie? - because then I can convince myself it's one of my five a day, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, a reddie to be sure! I'm sure it counts as a vegetable and not as a dessert. ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow, that looks like a monster sandwich and so full of goodies, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA a cashew coconut tart sounds incredible! So many flavors in there. I can't wait to see the inside. How could you resist eating it already? The beet brownie also looks great. I love beets, but I'd probably like it to taste chocolatey if it's a brownie.
    The popcorn from the van doesn't look spicy - what is the flavoring they put on? How long did you have to wait? The sandwich looks awesome but I get frustrated and stressed waiting for food, especially from a cart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to trying the tart! I am using some restraint, as I usually don't keep treats in the house. We'll see how long I last. ;)

      Uncertain as to the seasoning, but it is tasty! I waited about 10-12 minutes total, so not too long and I was wearing my raincoat! The Vegan Van always delivers, and nothing compares to the first visit: a 40 minute wait.

      Delete
  6. Lots of 'toothsome' food there. Meaning I would love to sink my teeth into that Sandwich and that Brownie.

    The Tart I'd save for some special alone time to maybe enjoy by candlelight.

    Here's my plan for the week:
    Sunday: Rest
    Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Rest

    ReplyDelete