Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Cool Down

This week has been a blessing in terms of temperatures; we've been in the upper 60s and low 70s all week - and our building has almost cooled down.  It's still above 80, but at least there is a cool breeze coming in through all the windows.  The amount of rain in Denver proper has been manageable, but perhaps you've heard - cities near Boulder, and in areas with poor drainage have been flooded, causing a lot of damage and calling for evacuation.  If you're interested in extreme weather, definitely click the link in bold.

Also, in case your interested: here is the current status of the Denver Trader Joe's!

PB Toast for breakfast:
 Kale Avocado Potato Salad for lunch:
Pre-yoga snack:
Dinner:
Sweet Korma bowl with tofu and sauteed vegetables, chili lime sauce.  I still have a third left, so that will be my lunch for tomorrow.

Gentle Vinyasa was so good today - perfect with the weather, perfect calming activity for my work week, and it was like one big cool down routine after yesterday's ride and TRX class.  There was a lot attention given to the quads, hamstrings, and hips.

One more work day till the weekend! Woo hoo! See you soon. . .

9 comments:

  1. Did you still add tofutti to the kale/potato salad? It looks a little less coated than usual. Not to say not tasty.
    But YES to the korma! Sweet how?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not to this combo! This was avocado, shallots, sea salt and black pepper - I made it the night before, and it held up well taste wise. It certainly doesn't look appetizing! Ha ha!

      The Sweet Korma isn't all too sweet but a nice balance to the (very spicy) chili lime chutney.

      Delete
  2. That korma bowl kills me! I'm so jealous that you can get that whenever you want.

    I've been following a bit on the weather there and it's so sad what all the flooding is doing. We had a vacation planned in Fort Collins in 4 weeks, but we might have to go to plan #2 if it's still a mess. I miss Colorado, so I hope that doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think four weeks from now we'll be on the mend; if you were headed to Boulder or Estes Park my answer might be different! Fort Collins should be better by then, but tomorrow is supposed to downpour heavily again. Keep your ear out (I know you will!), but if I hear anything that you might need to know - I'll send it your way! Thank goodness your trip wasn't for this week, as you couldn't get in - highways along Wyoming border entering Colorado are closed, not sure about Nebraska. Right now, I'm mostly stressed out about these photos I see on the news of horses and cattle being stranded. That is not okay!!!

      Delete
  3. That PB & Toast looks really good. What kind of PB is it? What's the ETA on TJ's? December?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pb is from the Simple Truth line, it's an organic Kroger brand. I like it for the four ingredients and no need for refrigeration!

      Last I heard, it will be the spring but it seems like they are making a lot of progress quickly! I'm also happy to hear that they've confirmed two other locations (another Denver store and another in a southern suburb), so that will help with opening day crowds being smaller.

      P.S. Just saw your comment about the Smart Start cereal, and I laughed! No need to feel bad for missing the identification! ;)

      Delete
    2. Never heard of that brand of PB, so I wont feel so bad about not being able to ID it.

      Spring 2014 for the TJ's opening surprises me. I hope they open sooner than that.

      Delete
  4. YUM everything looks great!! Can't go wrong with PB toast and the salad looks so delicious!! I've craving potatoes right now lol. Beautiful bowl for dinner too. Looks like some good eating. Seems like it would definitely be perfect for the cooler weather too. Glad that you have been spared the rain, I was definitely thinking of you when I first heard!

    So exciting about Trader Joe's!! I can't wait to hear about your first time in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up a few more potatoes today at the market! I can't wait to try them in a new way. :) Thank you again for your thoughts - the rain continues, and there is definitely devastation but luckily none in Denver. The only upside I can think of is perhaps we won't have forest fires in the spring?

      I am SO EXCITED about Trader Joe's!!!! *screams*

      Delete