Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

As I spent all weekend with the family, Labor Day was all mine - and I have enjoyed it so much.  I've needed a day like this after my return to work!

It started with a trip to Beet Box - all vegan bakery, who recently opened a store front (you can see the bakery in the back, hair nets and all).
I selected the third item from the left, on the top row: Savory Tart with Potato and Kale.
My friend had the Savory Croissant (spinach and mushroom and ?), enjoyed it so much - she ordered a second.  I will definitely go back when I'm in the mood for something decadent - their Beet Brownie looked pretty amazing.

Two hours later, YogaCycle.  The instructor I had anticipated was off, but I knew her sub. The yoga portion was a lot of stretching, and just a little abs.  

I've been thinking about Bombay Bowl since I had it a few weeks ago, and thus I treated myself to it for lunch:
Sweet Korma Bowl (coconut milk based sauce and jasmine rice) with Tofu and Chili-Lime Drizzle.  I actually said, "Mmmm. . ." and "so good" out loud.  To myself.  Remy looked at me like I was crazy.

Speaking of my furry, here he is at bath time this afternoon:
A little blurry, but an amusing face nonetheless. ;)

I spent the afternoon taking care of my to-do list, and I'm left with one item - writing lessons - which I'll get to right after this post.

Farmer's Market potato and kale salad, tossed in Tofutti with Italian Seasoning:
It's going to be 95 degrees tomorrow, I can't wait to show you what temperature we reach in my classroom.  Ha! See you then. . .

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a great Labor Day to me! Everything in that case looks incredible! Great choice, that tart sounds so yummy and by the sound of it I can see why your friend went back for seconds! The Bombay Bowl looks delicious too, yum! Great looking salad too!

    REMY!!!! SUch an adorable picture of him! Does he like bath time or is it a second workout for you? He seems to be doing ok in that pic! Such a cutieface!

    Stay cool tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would gladly had a Labor Day every single week, and it would be just as awesome as yesterday! Ha! I've noticed that I tend to crave one thing at a time - I guess right now it's Indian.

      He tolerates baths, doesn't fight too hard - he'll hop in the tub willingly, but as soon as the water comes on there is a little hiding at the far end. :)

      I did not, but I tried! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a delicious day! It is nice to have a day to yourself before going back to work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I'd relive this day any time. :)

      Delete
  3. What a great day! That bakery looks amazing. I don't think I could decide on one thing.... it all looks so delicious.

    I don't blame you for loving that korma bowl. It sounds so good! Great looking potato salad, too.

    Remy is so cute. Such a face! I'm curious like Sarah is about whether he likes bath time or not. Neither of our girls like it & Emma tries to hide when she knows it's coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely go back and check it out. If you have time for a side trip when coming towards Denver, you can pick up some treats to enjoy in the Airstream at a campsite!

      He tolerates baths well enough, I try to give him a little back massage when I'm soaping him up but he still wants to hide in the corner when the water comes on. Ha! I wish they would realize that clean dogs are snuggled more! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi, I have an award for you at my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you! I'll be over to check it out!

      Delete
  5. How do you not buy one of everything at Beet Box? I've been searching for Vegan Croissants forever. Too bad they don't do mail order.

    Remy is so precious. Does he go crazy running around the house after his bath? That's what our dogs do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be going back, and you'll see it when I do! I'm not sure if you recall when I had it, but the Vegan Van offers Tofu Croissan-wiches during her brunch service - she purchased the croissants from here.

      He does run around, once I've partially dried him off - I let him loose, and he is a maniac!

      Delete