Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Look Inside & Ahead

All of this talk about a pantry clean out, and I thought: why not just show you?  So here you go:
 Far left (and hard to see) are baking staples of Ener-G Egg Replacer, brown sugar and whole wheat flour.  They are staying, no "cleaning out" here. Lots of small bags: sushi rice, energy bites (didn't even know they were there), dried pineapple, oat bran. Mori-Nu Tofu, quinoa, wild rice,grits, rice noodles, pancake & waffle mix. Various nut butter packets.
Pasta, oats, lentils, brown rice, more quinoa, dried apricots, pb, coconut milk.

The freezer:
Okay, I wasn't supposed to do this, but I purchased the Gardein yesterday at Target! $3.29 a piece! The Dr. Praeger's have been there a while, as have the frozen veggies.
Frozen bananas in the back, blueberries, mangoes, pineapple, and strawberries.

Since we're here: the fridge (it's normally not this empty nor this clean - you're welcome.)
 Tahini and miso in the back, avocados, tomato, garlic hummus, Smart Balance.  In the drawer: pine nuts, coconut flakes, shallot.
 Spinach, green chiles, potatoes, onion.
A lot of stuff.

When I was taking stock of all this, I realized I had everything to make guacamole.  
 And then I realized, I would need a few things from the grocery store:
Here's the lunch / dinner menu for the week:  Kinda Chipotle Bowls (quinoa, spinach, corn, guacamole), Collards & Onion Saute with Roasted Potatoes, Spaghetti & Gardein Meatballs with Broccoli, Mini Crustless Tofu Quiches (but with chiles, shallots, and different seasonings).

My work/trade membership has begun, thus now I am taking all the classes I want!
Sunday: YogaCycle (completed)
Monday: rest
Tuesday: Ride HIIT
Wednesday: RideTRX
Thursday: Gentle Vinyasa
Friday: Rest
Saturday: YogaCycle

See you on Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe how clean and sparse your fridge and pantry are. You hardly have any food on hand by my standards.

    Nice looking Guac.

    I think every vegan has a box of Dr. Praeger's just sitting in their freezer waiting for armageddon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! We all probably do have a box of something in the freezer, perhaps something we didn't end up really wanting? I know if I cover it in some Daiya and condiments, it'll taste good, right? ;)

      The guac is delicious and you're right - the fridge was quite sparse!

      Delete
  2. What a fun post! I love looking at other people's fridges/pantries/grocery hauls lol. Mostly because I'm nosy ;) You fridge is all sparkly clean and it looks like you were able to fill it up a bit more after that trip to the store. I need to get some frozen fruit so I can start making smoothies in my new blender, yay!! It's funny how long grains actually last. I have tons in my pantry too and it always takes so long to go through them.

    Sounds like you have yummy meals planned out for the week! I love making burrito bowls at home. I'm sure we'll be seeing potatoes and avocados quite a bit too ;) The guac looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'm happy to share, so nose away! ;) I also was in the mood for different post, and this hit the spot. Plus it meant a good sifting and cleaning! Ooh, I need to make the blueberry muffin smoothie soon - perhaps tomorrow! What flavor are you wanting to make first? I have other grains I forgot to mention, just hanging out since who-knows-when.

      I'm pretty pleased with the menu, and you're absolutely right: guac and avocados everyday! Ha!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks very clean! It is always so interesting to see what other vegan shave in their fridge & pantries. Isn't it amazing how you often find things you forgot you had during these cleanups? That always happens to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the benefit of taking pictures; cleaning! I agree, I know we all eat differently so it's fun to see what's inside another person's kitchen. My space cabinet is one giant mess - I should've taken a picture of it, too! Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. I'm impressed that all looks clean and tidy and edible, no weird slime in the fridge or five year old packets in the cupboard! Looking forward to more cleaning out posts - I love the zen like calm I get when I manage to turn some overstayer in my pantry into dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! The voyeur in me loves to see what others pantry and cupboards look like......i recently found random bags of not very much wild rice blend, lentils, and bulgar- i started cooking the wild rice and then added the other later on, turned into a nice kind of pilaf side dish and used up the random bits!
    When you find gardein so cheap you have to buy it! What a deal. Your menu for the week sounds delicious- and guacamole is always always a good idea.....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete