Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Last Week

Grab some tissues - it's my last week of summer break. (insert crying emoticon here)
Today's lunch from the hot bar.

I move back into my classroom this Friday, which is a week earlier than most, but I am teaching 9th Grade Boot Camp Academy -  five half days of "this is how we play the game called high school" the following week.  

Trader Joe's construction. . .

I plan to enjoy every moment I can this week, while working on lessons for the academy.  Here's my workout schedule:

Sunday: YogaCycle (completed, and my least favorite instructor - it was a sub)
Monday: YogaCycle
Tuesday: Zumba
Wednesday: YogaCycle
Thursday: Zumba (last class on my Groupon!)
Friday: Rest, but also moving into my classroom (which is on the third floor, a.k.a stair workout).
Saturday: Rest (massage?!)

I bought another 10 pack of classes at the cycling and yoga studio, not at bargain price but it's definitely worth it.  There is more to the story on my membership at this studio, but I'll wait until all the cards are in place before divulging more.

I hope your weekend has been wonderful!

12 comments:

  1. That is a big Trader Joes. Our's just sort of appear overnight out of no where.

    You can't say that you don't take the latest and trendiest exercise classes.

    I'm guessing you're going to work part time at the cycling and yoga studio in exchange for free classes. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parking lot is half that size, should be a good time shopping at Trader Joe's! Ha! It's at a major intersection, so I see it all the time.

      True, no one can say that I didn't go to an exercise class! ;)

      Hmm. . .perhaps, but I can't say yet.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh such a tease, I want to know about the story behind the membership! I'm joining my new gym next week I believe and I hope to begin yoga shortly after.

    I hope you enjoy your last week of vacation! It must feel like it went by so quick! Enjoy this week and soak up some rest and relaxation! And yay for the TJs construction! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you aren't posting, I'd love an email or update here on your new gym! So exciting!

      I already had a phone call from my principal asking me to come in to work on a committee - I said I'm coming in on Friday, so hopefully that'll be enough. I don't want to lose any time before the week ends! Aaaah!

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous! Do you live or work near Trader Joe's? I wish Trader Joe's just across the street...it is so convenient to have a nearby grocery! Sounds like a wonderful workout schedule...I need to do that, also. Your lunchbox looks so good! Is it from Whole Foods or?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not! This is our second location being built in Colorado, and the first one isn't finished yet either! It's pretty exciting.

      Yes, Whole Foods!

      Delete
  4. The summer is really going by fast! Are you looking forward to going back to work at all?

    A Native Foods and a Trader Joes? Luck you! I wish they would build a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods closer to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind going back, it's more the anxiety of the time vacuum I'm about to enter. Going from blissful, slow paced, getting enough sleep to overly busy is rough. You'd think that after eight years of it, going into year nine I'd know how to handle it! Ha!

      It is exciting! I'll be sure to share once everything opens. :)

      Delete
  5. I just went to Trader Joe's this morning... I'm happy for you that you'll be getting one soon but it should with a warning about how dangerous those aisles are. Especially when you've been waiting this long for one! I put plenty of stuff back on the shelves and somehow still spent too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand totally! I'm going to go in with cash and leave everything else at home. Ha ha! Maybe then I'll control myself! Probably not, though. ;)

      Delete
  6. Woohoo Trader Joe's! Looking forward to hearing more about the gym membership. Enjoy the remainder of your summer break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! I know once I'm back in the groove of the classroom, it'll be fine. In the meantime, I'm greedy with my summertime. ;)

      Delete