Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's All Good

It's so historic, that teachers who have worked in my district for 20+ years have never had it happen. . . tomorrow we're having a "Heat Day".  Two years ago, the district put in a policy that allowed the 79 schools without air conditioning to have a half day of school, should the conditions prove as such: three consecutive school days with temperatures 10 degrees or higher than the average.  Well, obviously, Colorado has done that.  The hottest part of the day in my (east facing) room is the morning, so it really isn't doing me (or my students) any favors, but I will take a free afternoon!


Mock Tuna and spinach on Sunflower Whole Wheat, cucumber slices taken for lunch.
An expensive peach for pre-yoga snack.

Dinner: my attempt at a breakfast burrito (or two, rather, since I had fajita size tortillas on hand).  The filling:
Tofu, (boiled) potatoes, roasted chili, onion, tomato, and Daiya Cheddar Shreds.

Today, I went to a 60 minute gentle vinyasa class: a few flow sequences that were manageable, and lots of stretching.  I appreciated that greatly because after yesterday's interval ride (it was a small class), we stayed an extra 15 minutes after class and learned to use the TRX equipment (straps attached to the wall, you use your body weight).
We did AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 30 seconds  - repeated three times - of chest presses (shown above), bicep curls (face the other way - towards the wall), and rows.  My arms are sore, but it hurts to sit up or walk due to the ab workout.  I failed miserably.  It was this:
Also, the owner of the studio taught the ride class and this impromptu TRX session. We discussed my availability again for working at the studio, and she's emailing out the schedule tomorrow! So, it looks like it's happening (although, until the email arrives - I won't fully believe it! Ha!).

Almost to the three day weekend! Woo hoo!  See you soon. . .

10 comments:

  1. Wow, a heat day?! That's great that they do that. Hopefully it cools off soon! We're still getting 90's with high humidity but it's supposed to get better on Monday.

    I love vinyasa yoga. So relaxing and I feel great after doing it.

    Great looking eats! Love the breakfast you made. Sounds like perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy appreciated the Heat Day the most; he's been a little sulky lately, so enjoyed having me home earlier! The weekend is supposed to dip into the 80s, but we'll be sitting back in the 90s once school is back in session. *sigh*

      Thursday's class was great! A little challenging, but all doable - which I can handle. :)

      It was a like a parfait! Delicious!

      Delete
  2. Yahoo!!!! So happy when those in charge of educating future generations do something smart.

    That Peach actually does look worth a $1. Great looking Scramble too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be heard when things are miserable. And to have action taken, even better.

      The peaches are good, but I didn't pick up more this morning. I'll wait till the end of the season when stock is up and prices are down! ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that they finally came to their senses and called the heat day! I'm sure when you were boiling in the class room it didn't help so much but a free afternoon is always a good thing!! And I'm so excited for you that the exchange will probably be happening for you! I just joined my new gym today (the last day of their summer promotion apparently! Perfect timing, I got in for a great price!) and I'm looking forward to getting back into the routine.

    Great looking meals as always! Breakfast sounds nice and refreshing and the peach definitely looks like it was worth the hefty price tag. Great looking burritos too! I love breakfast burritos :)

    Enjoy your three day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I am so excited for your new gym adventures! And a great price to boot! Let me know if you do some classes, and we can compare notes. :)

      I purchased medium chilies and this particular one was not - it was hot! I coughed a lot while preparing the filling, but the Daiya and tofu toned it down a little.

      Thank you! I hope your weekend is awesome!

      Delete
  4. Wow, what an athlete you are! I hope the expensive peach was tasty. :-) The fajita/burritos look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, but I am in pursuit of being in shape. Ha ha! One day I'd like to be "athletic". ;)

      Delete
  5. A heat day? Hurrah! Liking the look of the burrito - I keep lusting after those and somehow have failed to make one yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The burrito still needs a few small changes, but it was otherwise delicious!

      I know, a heat day was historic!

      Delete