Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Get To It

Yesterday's alarm clock was rough, and this morning wasn't much easier, but the day itself felt better.  Transition always takes time, but I'm getting there!  I could work half days forever. Ha!

Last night, close to 20 gals and myself met with the owner of the yoga and cycle studio regarding work/trade for membership (there are a handful of studios, we're not all vying for the same position).  This has been in the works for four weeks, and I still don't know the outcome!  I submitted my availability last night. I'd work two-three hours a week for a monthly unlimited membership pass.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I grabbed one of these on my way out the door (and to Starbucks for soy latte as well):

Once home after work, I crammed some watermelon in my face and made lunch:
Toasted onion bagel, Tofutti, the reddest tomatoes I've ever seen (farmer's market).

Ironically, my HIIT (high intensity interval training) spin class was taught by the owner and one of my favorite instructors was on the other side of the studio as a student.  It was tough, and I'm sure my quads will be screaming tomorrow.

Frozen grapes while I prepared dinner:

Kale and strawberry salad with homemade poppyseed dressing (those are shallots you see - they're part of the dressing) and two pieces of corn on the cob.

I hope you're having a great night (or day, if that's when you're reading)!

8 comments:

  1. It would be nice to work half days instead of full. Too bad we all can't do that all the time! :)

    That would be great if you could do the work for membership thing. A pretty good deal for just a few hours a week!

    I haven't had frozen grapes in a long time. They're really good, too, so I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're back to hot weather, so frozen grapes have been a wonderful treat. I am really hoping the work/trade position works out. I'm feeling nervous!

      Delete
  2. I can imagine the transition back to work after a nice long vacation must be difficult. I think it's great to have the half days to ease back into the full time. I imagine it would be incredibly difficult to go right back to full time. I can imagine how tough that alarm is. I woke myself up out of dream sleep yesterday and I was off all day. I hate that.

    How amazing that would be if you were able to do the work/trade for membership! I know how expensive membership can be and 2-3 hours a week would be so worth it! My fingers are definitely crossed for you!

    Great looking meals! Love the return of the bagel and your dinner is gorgeous! The salad looks so yummy and you can beat fresh summer corn. Love the picture too :) Frozen grapes are a perfect summer snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep schedules are so important, and I really did myself a disservice by not adjusting earlier. I am definitely feeling it this week!

      I would be really sad (and so would my wallet) if I didn't fit into their schedule! It's hard to be patient while they work out the details.

      Ha ha! I resisted bagels for as long as I could! I love fresh produce!

      Delete
  3. Awesome food day! The Corn looks really great. Still haven't gotten it yet here.

    So how much is a monthly unlimited yoga pass? Is it more than $60/week? I'm assuming your time is worth at least $10/hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A monthly unlimited pass is $130, so it is most definitely worth two or three hours a week! I'm hoping that works out.

      Delete
  4. I'll keep my fingers crossed on the pass! I love poppy seeds - nice to find a new way of using them. Bet they went great there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good vibes, Joey! Poppyseed dressing is great!

      Delete