Sunday, August 11, 2013

Farmer's Market & Workouts

A couple images from the Farmer's Market:
I can't stop looking at the dog! Ha ha!
My haul:
The leek (inspired by Shen - they must be in season?), broccoli, golden beets (I snipped the leaves already), and potatoes are from the second picture.  I picked up the tomatoes, corn, and kale from different stands.  I still have produce left from last week, but I enjoy going and at least picking up a few things directly from the families that grow it.  Remy always goes with me, and almost every booth has a water bowl and dog treats - not to mention, a million other canines to meet.

With my schedule changing this week, I've had to switch up my workout times Monday-Friday. I figure that I'll take some time to see what classes and instructors I like the best. 

Sunday: YogaCycle (completed - this instructor I've had several times is great because we work hard, but stretch deeply during yoga.  I leave sweaty but feeling like a ballerina.)
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Ride - HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training on the bike. I'm scared! Ha!)
Wednesday: YogaCycle (new-to-me instructor)
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Zumba (umm. . . I didn't go yesterday, so I still have one class left)
Saturday: YogaCycle (another new-to-me instructor)

I'm sticking with classes this week because my head is exploding due to 9th Grade Academy and I want to work out but not have to think.  Classes do the thinking for me, and I just have to follow along.

See you soon, friends!

14 comments:

  1. That dog is awesome! Haha yapping at the plastic bag, or something. It must be nice to get in all the time with Remy you can before yr busy with work again. That's one cool thing about shopping outdoors.
    Looks like there are a fair amount of vendors at the farmers market...how long is the stretch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize the dog was watching his/her owner grab a bag, but it's so funny! Animals are so expressive! I think Remy appreciates the extra time, so hopefully he doesn't begrudge me going back to work. Ha!

      This Farmer's Market about a block and a half plus four food trucks (I'm usually there early, so I'm not ready for what they sell!).

      Delete
  2. Aw, I agree with Maud. That dog is awesome! :) That's great that you bring Remy with you to the market.

    Best of luck to you on your first week back! I hope it's a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of pups yesterday, thus lots of excitement! I'm usually down to one hand for transactions, but it's worth it. :)

      Thank you! I didn't sleep at all last night. The day went relatively quickly, and I like 98% of the freshman. HA HA!

      Delete
  3. That is a really big Farmers Market. Congrats on your first Tomatoes of 2013. Hope you show what you do with the Leek. Mine worked out well roasting with Potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about about a block and a half, but I like it for the shade and atmosphere. Others are in parking lots and no shade, so Remy and I have to get there near 8am to avoid hot asphalt.

      Ha ha! Thank you! Tomatoes have been out for a few weeks, I'm just really picky. I will definitely share how the produce is used!

      Delete
  4. Great pics of the market! It looks like such a beautiful market, I'm jealous of all of the produce you got! Our market has very little produce sadly. Your haul looks perfect, can't wait to see what you do with everything. And you are right, the pup is awesome!

    Looks like a great schedule of classes for your first week back at work! I'm hoping to eventually get into spin. I think it will be good because it is low impact and a sick workout. I'm going to start with yoga and cardio though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I would love to see a farmer's market near you (when you are feeling up to it!).

      I'm so glad I didn't schedule a class for today, I am so tired! I attempted to nap this afternoon, but it didn't really happen. Hopefully I can adjust to this schedule before Friday! Ha!

      I am so bad at yoga, especially anything involving balance. What kind of cardio will you do? I recall you liking the arc trainer. I wish my gym had one!

      Delete
    2. Yup, I normally do the arc trainer. If there is no arc trainer I'll walk intervals on a treadmill or use the elliptical. I am terrible with balance. I got a little better with yoga but balance will always be the most difficult part for me!

      Delete
  5. The farmers' market produce is making me hungry. I need to get more farm fresh veggies in my life. That cute pup totally stole the show, though :)

    Your workout schedule is inspiring! I like classes for the same reason. I just want to check out and work out. Someone else can tell me what to do for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh veggies are the bees knees. Isn't that dog just the funniest thing?!

      I think classes will have to be it for me while I get back into the swing of the classroom. It's so hot in my building that I need someone else to tell me what to do, or I'll just not go. Ha!

      Delete
  6. sounds like you've got a great week planned out! i love exercise classes! they make working out fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caralyn! I am hoping it goes well!

      Delete
  7. What gorgeous veggies you picked up! That's really sweet so many stands have water bowls and treats there, i'm sure your babe loves that. That's so great the sunday class is amazing, and perfect that you scheduled the rest say before the HIIT spin class. I take a rest day before the hardest class i take and it makes a huge difference, i can give 110percent effort instead of a sore and tired 85percent. Hope the new classes work out for you (hahaha pun intended) and the new kids dont give you grief :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete