Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to Market & to Class

As previously mentioned, I was scraping by at the end of the week (or rather. . .not cooking at home), so I replenished my produce at the Farmer's Market.


I purchased collard greens (from the first pic), cauliflower, cucumbers, corn (from the second pic), and I finally paid an arm and a leg for some local peaches.

Five peaches for five dollars.

I also went to the grocery store, and have already prepped my lunch for the next three days.  The students have their first day tomorrow, so here we go! 

Keeping in my mind that I apparently still need classes for exercise accountability, I am going to four this week (mainly because that's the end of my punch card - otherwise, I'd go to five):

Sunday: YogaCycle (I went, it was great - and I should mention that yesterday's class was intensely awesome and my abs hurt a lot).
Monday: rest
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: Ride HIIT (high intensity interval training - so basically, a lot of sprints)
Thursday: Gentle Flow (my first 60 minute yoga class!  I'm only used to 30, so we'll see. . .)
Friday: happy hour rest
Saturday: YogaCycle

 How was your weekend?  See you on Tuesday!

11 comments:

  1. What amazing produce pics! I can't believe the price for the organic corn- looks like a great deal, the peaches not so much but i'm sure they are super delicious. Hope the first "real" week goes well with the kids- love the friday plans :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The corn tastes pretty great, too! I'll definitely have to pick up some more this week. The peaches, as well.

      We are absolutely roasting at school. Way too hot.

      Delete
  2. I don't know why I thought you worked in a private school.... that's really cool that they were able to do the retreat!

    My mom gave us some locally grown peaches that were so delicious. Just perfect! I can't believe how much they charged you for those, although if they taste like the ones we had they're definitely worth it.

    I hope you have a great first class week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should work at a private school; maybe I'd have air conditioning! Ha!

      It's like they know if they raise them organically, they can charge that much. I wish I could grow my own!

      It's way too hot, but otherwise it's about what one would expect!

      Delete
  3. I love the look of that farmers market - there's nothing like such a beautiful selection of veggies all laid out to make me want to get back in the kitchen! Chard is so hard to get here. And I'm impressed you're still kicking it on the exercise schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Farmer's Market is so fantastic; I'm looking forward to it again this weekend!

      It's the only way I can workout - if someone else does the thinking for me, and I just follow the command.

      Delete
  4. I am still so jealous of your farmer's markets. I don't know why the produce and mine is so sparse but maybe I just get there too late? Who knows ha. Either way, your market has such gorgeous produce and it sounds like you got yourself a great haul! I can't wait to see what you make with it all! And I hope those peaches are yummy. I'd probably spend that much too because peaches are so damn good.

    4 classes this week sounds great to me! So does Friday Happy Hour ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at the point where rest days feel strange. Ha ha! But also, I have to be on a bike regularly, or else it hurts. . .

      I am always there right when they open, but I go then so the foot traffic is less and Remy won't be stepped on or burn his feet on the asphalt.

      Peaches are so good!

      Delete
  5. Do I dare to eat a Peach? Not for a dollar each! Forget it!

    Hope you get a nice bunch of students this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've been resisting all summer but it's nearly September so I figured that I only have three-four weeks left!

      I'm looping with the 10th graders, but there are some new ones too. I have one block (75 minutes - the rest are typical 56 minute classes) of 9th graders for reading intervention. They are still trying to prove to each other how cool they are, so that's annoying.

      Delete
    2. 'Reading Intervention'? That writes its own joke.

      I'd also be curious to know what constitutes a 'cool' 9th grader. Just that they're not 8th graders?

      Delete