Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer on Repeat

I meant to check in yesterday, but the day escaped me and I found myself on a patio for three hours in the evening, chatting with friends.  When life hands you a patio, you make a margarita.

Today was also great, in terms of an ideal summer day.  I went to the Wednesday's Farmer Market - mostly to explore, had a seriously fantastic workout (yogacycle), and caught up with my cousin on the phone (she lives in Boston).  Not to be forgotten, continued closet / shelf / storage container sorting - I am nearing the end! Only the kitchen and one random box remain!

Before the Farmer's Market:
After yogacycle:
Soreness update: I feel accustomed to the bike seat already, and really worked during those 30 minutes.  The 30 minutes of yoga on the other hand, was difficult.  It was flow yoga (you put together a variety of poses and move quickly from one to the next), and I was not very good.  And I was in front.  Ha ha!  On the upside, I feel stretched and in tune with my body as a result.  I have reserved another spot on Saturday.

Lunch (I needed about an hour and a half after the workout to feel ready to eat!):
Rustic Italian bread, Daiya Jack slice, tomato, cucumber, black pepper.

On the way home from a few errands: orange spice iced tea with one pump of vanilla syrup (per the barista's recommendation) from Steep.

Dinner: kale and potato salad with avocado
Avocado, red onion, pinch of each: nooch, black pepper, olive oil, Cholula.

Tomorrow is relatively unplanned, but you'll get to hear all about it.  Aren't you excited? ;)  Have a great night!

12 comments:

  1. When the weather's like this, all I want to eat is fruit and salad. Now I want that and ice tea too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I tried today to mix it up, but with limited success! The iced tea was super refreshing. :)

      Delete
    2. Joey, I can't seem to find where to comment on your blog! Am I missing something? I recall being able to do it before. I might be going crazy though. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love everything about this post!! Farmer's markets, yogacycle (you'll get used to the vinyasa yoga too! It has become my favorite!), lots of gorgeous meals! Definitely sounds like an idyllic summer day! Gorgeous meals too, they look nice and light. Perfect for the oppressive heat and as a post workout meal. It usually takes me a while after a workout to get my appetite back too. You are making me want to get into spinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I forget to mention the margaritas with friends on the porch?! So much awesomeness in one single sentence!

      Delete
    2. I hope I get used to yoga soon! And perhaps people won't take all of the spots in the back, so when I have to fumble no one has to watch it. Ha ha! We are definitely in the throes of summer heat, and fresh meals make it all the better. I'm so glad a Groupon popped up, as I was hesitant to make a full commitment to spinning before trying it. I hope you try it and enjoy it! :)

      Patios were made for friends and beverages of all kinds!

      Delete
  3. That's terrific that you're almost done with the organizing! It always feels so good to go that kind of thing.

    You're really having an awesome summer so far. Margaritas on the patio, delicious food and a fantastic sounding tea. Yes please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good to do it - it's been four years since I bought this little place, and I've only done one round of organization / purge since then. Long overdue!

      Both beverages were great! I love patios in the summertime - tea, lemonade or liquor - I'd participate in any reason! :)

      Delete
  4. A Daiya Pepperjack Slice? I will have to investigate this new faux cheese treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I have you around - I must have made that flavor up! Ha ha! It was their Jack wedge. They do have a jalapeno harvati that I want to try. Note to self: proofread your posts! ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh, okay, glad I didn't start wasting time looking for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely seem to eating toward the season. And I love Havarti.

    ReplyDelete