Saturday, July 13, 2013

Powered Up & Stretched Out

An hour before YogaCycle:
Today's class was the least intense of the week.  The spinning part was a steady climb, but 95% from the seat (I like to get "out of the saddle" a little more).  Similarly, the yoga half was mostly holding a specific pose and only one round of flow.  The end was nice though, during shavasana (corpse pose - laying flat on your back) she came around and put lavender on our temples (she asked if she could before the yoga session).

Post workout:

Lunch:
Spinach, tomato, and avocado salad with homemade dressing: 1 tsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of balsamic, pinch of garlic powder and black pepper.  Vegetarian baked beans.

Afternoon snack:

Early evening I had an hour long massage - which was great for my calves as they were tight!  However, the couple of hours leading up to the appointment were very rainy, thunder and lightning ridden. After a huge clap of thunder, I lost power.  I headed out about a half hour later, and wasn't sure when the power would return.  Thus, I made dinner plans to pick up following my appointment:

Spicy Tofu and Garbanzo, mixed veggies, rice - which was enjoyed at home, and the power is back on.  I know half the nation is experiencing similar weather - so if that's you, stay safe and dry!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for another yogacycle class! When I took yoga at my gym (so sad they don't have it anymore!) my favorite part was when the instructor would put the oil on my temples. It was so relaxing and I felt so calm and peaceful in those moments. I'm so impressed by your workouts, you are inspiring me to really try hard to get back to it now that breathing is a little easier (stupid allergies).

    Great looking meals! Your berries look so perfect. Light meals have definitely been the way to go. Ugh sorry about the power outage, I definitely know how you feel! Glad it came back soon and happy you got to enjoy your dinner with light and AC. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've ever had an instructor do that! Even when I took it in college, and when I took it elsewhere in my life. I'm happy to hear that it's more common, and I just saw that she's subbing a few other classes I'm taking - so we'll see if it happens again. Allergies have been horrible this year - I hope you'll have use of both nostrils soon! :)

      These severe storms are something else. Just goes to show that nature will always be more powerful than anything made by man!

      Delete
  2. The weather does sound pretty wicked around the country. I'm glad your power didn't stay off long!

    An hour long massage sounds like heaven! I can imagine how good it felt after all of your workouts. You've been a beast with them lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was definitely blessed to have it restored. It's nice for the moisture!

      I had already paid for the massage (it was part of Groupon for three massages), I just kept forgetting to book an appointment - my calves were so tight after all the dancing and cycling! I probably should have gone in sooner! Thank you, it's easy to do when I have time. The challenge will be continuing the five days a week once I'm back to work.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you are taking more spin classes! Every instructor is soooo different, it takes a while to figure out who your favorites are and which ones not so much. I'm sure you could skip the yoga part if it's not your thing. Are there snacks you just didn't post? On spin days i am a hungry beast by late afternoon....! :)
    Glad the power came back quickly , and whole foods salad bar is always a good meal. The massage sounds awesome-although somehow the next day i end up being really sore (i get shiatsu the rare occasion i go) but two days later i feel like a new person.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am really enjoying them! The seat is definitely more comfortable, but if I was there every other day, it would probably be better. I'm going to ask if there is a "I'm a teacher, do I get a discount?" rate so I can keep it up past my 10 sessions from Groupon.

      Ha ha! I have been hungry after the workouts, but not so much yesterday since it wasn't as taxing!

      I'm a little sore today! :)

      Delete
  4. I heard on the news there was flooding in Denver. Hope Remy isn't scared of the thunder like our Teddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy does pretty well with the weather. It wasn't as bad in Denver as it was in the western suburbs - lots of street flooding, and my parents actually had a bit come into the basement through the window wells!

      Delete