Friday, July 5, 2013

Holiday Activities

Greetings! I hope your 4th of July was wonderful, and everything you wanted it to be.  My firework fix happened the day before, at the Rockies game on the 3rd.

It was a friend's birthday, so when we ran down for an adult beverage during one of the innings - I snapped this picture of the cityscape behind the stadium:
So gorgeous, it doesn't look real.

Yesterday, I met up with my parents and brother (as well as Terra, their Sheba Inu) and we drove up to Flying J Ranch for a three mile hike.  Terra, showing us the way to the trail:


I would definitely hike this again, as there was an equal amount of uphill trails and downhill or flat trails.  We met other hikers, with and without dogs, mountain biking families, and runners on our journey. It was also apparent that pine beetles and fire had visited the area at one time.

Taking a break:

It was relatively quiet, and a good workout - even though my legs were tired from Wednesday's Zumba class.  

See you in a few!

13 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm putting Flying J Ranch on my list of places we have to go. Looks like a great trail to run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many places to hike and enjoy! It's elevation is above 8000 feet, so I'd make sure you were accustomed to running the 5280 feet that is Denver before running up there. Otherwise, just hike it first!

      Delete
  2. The cityscape looks like a painting! I love the pictures from your hike, too. That bench is really cool and the pups look very happy about being out. :)

    Do mosquitoes, ticks or biting flies ever both you when you're hiking there? We never noticed anything during any of our visits to Colorado (other than a few mosquitoes in Boulder during a very rainy time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these pictures are from my Blackberry (which is dying a slow death), but I am so surprised at how well the cityscape turned out - it really was that beautiful. We actually stayed to chat and admire the view for a few minutes before returning to our seats!

      As you said - it's all about the water when it comes to mosquitoes! If I lived in the foothills, I would probably see more ticks but in the city there are next to none. Biting flies - no, but there are plenty in Kansas when you're out in the fields. Ouch! And as you might know, fleas can't live at this altitude, so lots of happy dogs. :)

      Delete
    2. OH! I actually didn't know that about fleas! Now we really might have to consider retiring in Colorado..... :)

      Delete
  3. What a great post! Sounds like you've been doing a lot of fun things. The cityscape photo is so beautiful! Love the pics from the hike and the pups are making my heart melt! What sweet faces, they immediately brightened my day :) Beautiful photos, so glad you are enjoying your summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been blessed, and I appreciate all the adventures that have happened this summer! I haven't done a single thing for school (which is not good! Aaaah!).

      Remy is happy to make your day - he can also be rented hourly for snuggles. Let me know. ;)

      Delete
  4. AWWW!!! Remy and his Aunt Terra. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, it was a photo that had to be taken.

      Delete
  5. I love the shot of Remy and Terra on the bench! I wish there were more scenic walks around here.
    The city shot is also incredible. Really, really beautiful. Did the Rockies win??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the Rocks did not win. But they did redeem themselves on July 4th by not be swept by the Dodgers, and I heard the fireworks were just as great that night.

      Time for Maud's trip to the Hamptons, where she takes scenic walks along the beach! Please? Go for me? ;)

      Delete
  6. I love the pic of the dogs side by side! Such a pair of cuties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joey! They are pretty cute :)

      Delete