Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Half Way

I am officially half way through my four day Advanced Placement training.
If you look closely, you can see my notes through the first page. I must be using dark colored ink! Ha!  It has been informative, and I'm excited to work on the syllabus for my Honors World Literature class ( some of my titles: Julius Caesar, All Quiet on the Western Front, Things Fall Apart . . .).

Remy, on the other hand is not pleased to have me gone all day.  My neighbor (I've played with her pup a handful of times while she is on-call) is coming over once or twice a day to give him some human interaction.  She sent me this picture yesterday, with the caption "I think he misses you!"
Poor baby!  Apparently he thinks he can find me underneath the coffee table, on the rug.  ;)  Two more days, sweet pea - then I'll be all yours again!

On to the eats and the workout:
Teachers love coffee, so I may have had three cups throughout the morning (darn those caterers!).  The nice things about College Board (they run the AP program and the SAT) is during on-line registration, you can specify your dietary needs.  They have each option on a separate table! So, I checked in at the vegan table and here's what I had today:
(Not the best picture! Apologies! Networking while trying to discreetly take a picture of your lunch is difficult. Ha ha!).  That's a piece of plain bread in the far right corner.  Yesterday it was a cucumber, sprout and tomato sandwich (with a mustard packet) and chips.  

Pre-workout:

I signed up for a 75 minute YogaCycle class, which started at 7:00pm.  It was the same instructor as Saturday, but she increased the intensity during the cycling portion.  The yoga segment was similar to Saturday- more holding pose than flow.  I'm glad I didn't eat a full meal beforehand!

A very late dinner:
Avocado and tomato on toast.

And now, I'm off to bed! I hope you are well, and I'll see you on Thursday!

15 comments:

  1. It's hard to be gone from them, isn't it? That's wonderful that your neighbor comes to keep Remy company, though. I love that rug!

    That's great that you're halfway through! It's even greater that they'll cater to your dietary preferences. So wonderful!

    The toast that the avocado and tomato are on looks really delicious and hearty. That crust looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is - I know he's mad at me. Ha! Yes, she has been such a help.

      And now I am 3/4 finished - just have to make it through tomorrow! It's still not what I would make for lunch, I appreciate their ability to be so accommodating!

      I love toast, and these toppings really make it perfect!

      Delete
  2. Aahhhhhh I love everything about this post! I'm sure the training days aren't exciting to you but it sounds exciting to me! It looks like you are so passionate about what you do (I know it has it's downfalls as any job would but you seem to love the material which is so important!) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read that! It makes me smile :)

    Aww poor Remy!! It is definitely nice of your neighbor to play with him during the day but he definitely misses his mommy!

    Great looking food. Very cool that they have vegan options for you. I'm obsessed with watermelon lately and the open faced sandwich looks like a perfect post workout dinner. I know what you mean about not eating before you work out, I can't do it either. Sounds like you are really enjoying your workouts lately which is so great!! I forgot to talk about it on my blog but my trainer is not longer at my gym which is so sad and I don't want to train with anyone else there so I'm looking into joining a different gym that offers classes! Hopefully I'll be joining you soon in trying new classes and hopefully finding new and fun workouts!

    OK I rambled on a lot, sorry! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about relevancy, and this training has been so useful! I have attended countless others where I would watch the clock, but this makes me feel anxious to get teaching. I'm grateful to have a couple more weeks to really digest the information and write lessons!

      He is definitely cranky, even when I try to make it up to him with walks and cuddles. Ha ha!

      I came home just now and ate 30% of my whole watermelon! So good - who needs a real dinner? ;) I think fitness classes fit where I am in my life right now - having some companionship and getting in a workout is exactly what I want. I can't wait to hear what classes and workouts you discover at the new gym!!

      I adore your ramblings and you! :)

      Delete
  3. What a great line up of books - that's some classics right there. Nice to see they've accommodated the vegan options - though these sort of things always need a bit of cake in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good story, and watching students discover the story never gets old. Yes, they have been quite accommodating! Today it was a taco bar!

      Delete
  4. Remy looks to be sending a message through his eyes. Like, "Mommy, what place can you be at that is more important than being with me????"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She didn't get to spend much time with him today, so I fully expect him to demonstrate his anger with me by paddling down the toilet paper and eating it tomorrow. Ha!

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes. Lost a few rolls of TP myself. Little do they know how expensive it is.

      Delete
  5. I really admire how hard you work. Glad they were able to accommodate yr eating choices. The pasta looks really good, and sprouts in a salad is way better than I'd expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you to say! Thank you, Maud. :) They've done a pretty good job accommodating everyone.

      Delete
  6. Remy looks so sweet. I think about Blue when I'm away and wonder how he's doing, especially when I see a book cover with a picture of a dog (or wolf!).

    I am also impressed that the College Board has vegan options. Here's to vegan-ism's becoming more mainstream. It's weird about eating before yoga-type workouts: you want to have energy, but you don't want to overdo it so deep breathing makes you sick.

    I've got some avocados ripening on my table right now. That toast looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I sometimes think I should install a nanny-cam just to see what he does, but my guess is he looks out the window or sleeps. Ha ha!

      They also had a gluten-free menu, which is also quite kind of them. I think I'll go to another training (they are differentiated by experience) next year, too! Absolutely - you want energy for the cycling and for strength on the mat, but a full stomach is so uncomfortable.

      Yum! I love avocados!

      Delete
  7. Hey! I took that class in high school! Didn't realize they had to teach a special seminar on how to bury the students with work....;) hahahaha I actually took this course as well as the AP Language - or something like that, it was split between the literature vs language i think. (Its been a while!)
    Totally impressed they both offered food and had a vegan option- that watermelon looks like the best thing ever.
    I'm sure your fur baby will forgive you in the very near future.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, took this class - except it was still called "AP English" and not divided into two sections (now there is Lit & Comp, Lang & Comp). As we were learning how each level is graded, I wondered what I wrote about and what my score was (I just know my overall got me college credit). It's interesting to be on the other side of the desk.

      I love Remy and watermelon, in that order. ;)

      Delete