Sunday, July 21, 2013

Food & Fitness

After yesterday's 5 miles of hard work, I found that movement hurts less than staying still.  With that in mind, I went to my 75 minute YogaCycle class and did well enough.  Let me just say: pigeon pose, while difficult, really stretched out my legs and hips.  More on this week's schedule in a minute.

I picked up some groceries from Sprouts.
HUGE avocados, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, limes, and bananas,
Almond Dream Yogurt in Vanilla and Coconut, broccoli, cucumbers, lettuce, green onion, carrots, kale and corn tortillas.

I have a few things left from last week that I'll be using up first  - minus the jalapenos, still haven't figured out what to do with them. Ha ha!

Back to fitness, here's the plan:

Sunday: YogaCycle (completed!)
Monday: YogaCycle
Tuesday: Zumba
Wednesday: YogaCycle
Thursday: Zumba
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest

Why pack it all together? I'm taking classes when the instructors I like are teaching.  Friday and Saturday I will do something active, but it would be an "active rest" like a long walk (I think Remy would be ready for that by then).

What are your plans for the week?  Hope you've had a wonderful Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. You have been such an inspiration Ingrid! I'm so incredibly impressed that you went to yogacycle! Pigeon pose used to be one of my least favorite poses and it quickly turned into one of my favorites because it is such an amazing hip stretcher. You are kicking ass and you are definitely inspiring to get my butt back in gear.

    Absolutely gorgeous grocery haul! The berries look gorgeous and the greens look so fresh! Can't wait to see what you do with everything. Maybe try sauteeing the jalapenos in with some refried beans for tostadas? Yum.

    Have a great week, can't wait to hear more updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pigeon Pose is quite difficult! We did it again today, but I wasn't any better at it. Ha ha! Thank you, I'm glad to inspire - just remember how horrible my track record is when I'm working. If you had summer off, you'd be doing the same thing, I'm certain! :)

      I chopped up part of one today, the other one is starting to wilt. I hate to waste, I should've moved faster on it!

      Delete
  2. I'm also very impressed that you went to yoga cycle! It is true, though. Movement always makes me feel better, too. I'm glad that Remy is doing okay now, too. Poor little guy!

    You have a rainbow going on with your grocery haul. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really feeling it today though - and it was a shorter class. Unfortunately, my legs won't be getting a break any time soon! Ha!

      You're right! I didn't notice that earlier. :)

      Delete
  3. I feel healthier just looking at that stash - there's got to be some fabulous Mexican something in there somewhere.

    Hope Remy's feeling better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I believe Remy has come back to his old self!

      If you read this, know that I can't comment for some reason on your blog! I'm still reading it, and if you can point where I can comment - I will do so!

      Delete