Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Take It Outside

After yesterday's yard work extravaganza, I decided this morning that I needed to buy and plant some flowers.  Here's what they will look like:
Even though right now they look like this:
There was more outdoor time spent at the park which used to be a cemetery.
Due to the drought, the fountains are ghostly empty.
For Molly: Remy's post-walk panting face (pardon the lack of focus)

On to the eats: I tried to be conscious of my vegetable consumption and it became pretty obvious that my last trip to the store only included potatoes, an onion, and spinach from the veggie department. Luckily, I fared better in the fruit department.

Leftovers from last night's snack tray: blueberries and cocoa dusted almonds.
Five berries : one almond = OMG in your mouth.
\
In addition to flowers purchased:
Lunch: Asian Chopped Salad with mandarin oranges (and watermelon - not shown)
Dinner: I didn't want anything from my kitchen, nor anywhere else I could think of - thus, Whole Foods.
Salad Bar (with balsamic vinaigrette) and small Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Soup.

I hope you are doing well, and I'll see you Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, Remy! Such an adorable, happy face! You can tell that he's very content after his walk. :)

    The petunias should get really full & pretty. You got two very vibrant colors of them. Very nice!

    I would have never thought of eating the cocoa almonds & blueberries at the same time, but I can imagine how good that is. If I ever get a chance, I'm trying that. Great looking salads. It sounds like it was a perfect day for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy dog is always the plan! Ha!

      I hope so, it's pretty hot but I hope they bloom soon! I've not planted petunias before (usually zinnias), so I'm excited to see the result. :)

      It's a great combination! I didn't realize it would be, but was pleasantly surprised. Hot weather begs for salads!

      Delete
  2. I love Petunias. Make sure to keep 'dead heading', it's fun.

    Looks like my days of Bhakti Chai are over. My local WFs appears to have stopped carrying it.

    Glad Remy got his endorphins flowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to google your Petunia tip, as I am a Petunia Newbie.

      How cruel they are; teasing you with a shipment, and then taking it away. I have a mind to call your WF location and ask them to carry it me (you).

      I love being home with Remy, it makes both of our lives better.

      Delete
  3. Aww looks like a really beautiful, fun day outside!! The flowers are going to be so pretty! I'm impressed with your gardening skills, I'm a total spazz with that stuff. The park is so pretty and Remy is such a handsome boy, even post workout :) Such a sweet face!

    Your meals look so healthy and yummy!! I like your blueberry/cocoa almond combination. Sounds yummy :) The salads look really yummy too. Definitely salad weather lately. It's been really hot and humid here, how is it there?

    STILL jealous of your chai :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planting flowers is pretty easy, as long as you remember how much sun the area gets and buy flowers that tolerate the same. Otherwise, I am ignorant and lacking in a green thumb! Ha!

      It has been super hot (97-99 degrees) so this was the last serious walk Remy had - yesterday and today it has been short with more indoor play. I think he's pretty handsome, too! :)

      I hope the chai reaches you, and is more than a tease like Shen experienced. Arg!

      Delete