Friday, June 21, 2013

Small Town Texas

Our trip ended with some time in the same small town I visited in December 2011.  Brownwood is about two and a quarter hours from Austin, in central Texas.  We stayed with family, and generally poked around town.  Every time we're there, we eat at Steve's where I order the Black Beans and Saffron Rice.

Here's a snack I picked up:

They have a boat (in the middle, shown below), so we spent an evening on the lake.

At sunset, it was particularly gorgeous (you need to see these in the bigger size!)

The outing included swimming, wake-boarding, and knee-boarding.


Our drive back to Austin was bittersweet - I really felt like I could stay longer, but I missed my sweet little Remy.  My father brought Remy to the airport, and like any good dog, he had a jumping / squealing / lick your face episode for about two minutes.  

Thank you for reading and commenting on this five-post-long-recap of my trip! I plan to begin in-state adventures next week (I've been quite lazy this week! Ha!).  See you soon!

10 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly deserved a week of being lazy after the school year and this trip! So cute about Remy. I love coming home to them, it's the best!

    The lake looks really peaceful & pretty. That's fun that you got to go out on a boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Furry family member reunions are the best! Yes, between the trip and the end of the school year - I was beat!

      I'm not on a boat very often, although I know of a few places people could (try) boating in Colorado, but our severe lack of water makes it difficult. Even this lake in Texas was low.

      Delete
  2. Aww how sweet that he brought Remy to the airport and what an adorable reunion. So cute and affectionate.

    The sunset photos are stunning. I LOVE when the sun peeks out through the clouds. It's so pretty and the colors you get are amazing. The lake looks really peaceful and I imagine relax on the boat must have been really nice.

    Thanks so much for all of the recaps, I loved reading about your trip! You definitely deserved the break! Can't wait to see your local adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, I get nervous leaving Remy behind so it was sweet of my father to bring him.

      Overcast skies usually make for the best photos! It was so lovely and the water was refreshing.

      I'm so glad you enjoyed hearing about the trip! Hopefully I can get to some scenic locations soon. :)

      Delete
  3. Look at all that Red Onion! Great job!

    Your family sounds very close. I enjoyed living vicariously through your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve's restaurant always does a good job with that dish.

      I don't see this extension of the family very often, so it was great to get down there. I'd love to do it again, and maybe do more exploring on my own. :)

      Delete
  4. oh gosh what a gorgeous sunset! i love being on a lake during the summer. glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it?! I love all bodies of water, especially in the summer! Thanks, Caralyn!

      Delete
  5. The sun on the water is so beautiful - what a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Thanks Joey :)

      Delete