Saturday, June 8, 2013

Relaxed Saturday

The last two days have been pretty busy, with just a quick break here and there - and I think the weight of the end of the school didn't hit me until today.  I am so tired! I've been lazy today, and don't feel a bit guilty about it. ;)

Are you tired of seeing berries on my page? Too bad.
At least they're on top of thin homemade waffles (and a little maple syrup on there, too).

From the Whole Foods Hot Bar: Tofu with Peanut Sauce and Rice with Vegetables.
I had high hopes. Alas, the tofu (and sauce) were pretty bland.

One hour massage. Ahhhhh.

Spinach, red onion, dried cranberries, walnuts (later topped with Whole Foods Brand Raspberry Vinaigrette).
 

I recently purchased two Groupons for fitness classes to use once I'm back from Texas: one to the same dance studio where I took an Afro-Caribbean Zumba class last summer (10 classes for $37), and one to a new studio where they do yoga and spinning (10 classes for $29).  I've also looked at my gym's schedule and found a class I'd like to try. I'm looking forward to them all!

See you tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. I will never get tired of seeing berries on your blog, ESPECIALLY when they are sprinkled on beautiful waffles! What a lovely breakfast! Too bad about the tofu but the rice does look good. I love simple rice with veggies like that. Beautiful salad! I love cranberries and walnuts together in a salad. So delicious! Even better with a crispy apple. Mmmm.

    Hooray for the massage. You totally deserve it. I can't wait to hear about these groupon classes too! Are you going to do yoga or spin or both? I've done spin before and it is crazy! I was sore for like a week, lol! But it felt great and was worth it!

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Good to know I can include berries again and again. ;) I love and rice and veggies, too - should have just stuck with that from the beginning. Apples would be great in that salad, too!

      Ironically, there is a class called YogaCycle! Start out with spin, then end with a yoga. I'm not sure what I'll try first, but I'm looking forward to it!

      I hope your Sunday has been great, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Awesome breakfast! I'm pretty sure I could eat berries every day without ever growing tired of them.

    How terrific that you had a massage. It's been years since I got a professional one. They're so nice!

    Too bad about lunch being bland, but that salad looks like it made up for it. The fitness classes are a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These berries have really been spectacular. Groupon for massages, too! The fitness classes were a great deal. I love that salad combination!

      Delete
  3. I love Zumba! yay for groupons! I'm glad you were able to have a nice and relaxing saturday! Complete with homemade waffles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caralyn - it was exactly what I needed. :)

      Delete
  4. When I see these Groupons for fitness and yoga, I assume that once you get there, there is high pressure to join the gym/yoga studio for full price once your deal/trial period is over. Has that ever happened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever bought the one fitness class Groupon last summer - and they never said a word about joining long term. Probably because it was a small studio, and you just signed your name on the class list, then walked into the studio. I'll let you know what happens with the new studio!

      Delete