Monday, June 24, 2013

Indulgent Monday

After two weeks of not posting my daily eats, I feel a little rusty!  Also, I've realized that when I don't think, I eat less vegetables.  Obviously, I was not thinking today.  Ha!

Crispix cereal with soy milk (I don't love soy, why did I buy this?)
Lunch of elementary school champions: Tofurky dog, watermelon
Dinner from the pizza bar at Whole Foods, the best. thing. ever.
Vegan Vegetable Calzone
Spinach, mushrooms, onion, artichokes, tomatoes in a spicy, gooey cashew sauce. The crust was lovely, too.

Also lovely, a friend who called and asked if she could bring a bottle of wine over and hang out.  Yes, yes you can.  I prepped nibbles just in case:
Watermelon, blueberries, and cocoa dusted almonds.  She brought a bottle of chilled Spanish wine, the variety I no longer recall. ;)  Most of the nibbles went back into the fridge, but the catch up was great.

Otherwise, it was a day of laundry, cleaning and yardwork.  Perhaps I will be more adventurous tomorrow - I'll let you know either way! 

9 comments:

  1. Ooooo!! That calzone does look like the most delicious thing ever! Hopefully they keep that at the pizza bar. It's amazing what cashews can do, isn't it?

    Sounds like a fun time with your friend! I love cocoa dusted almonds. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the dairy snobs in the world have no idea what they're missing with cashew cream / sauce. More for us! ;) I see vegan pizza on occasion, but this was the first calzone.

      The almonds were definitely the most popular! Ha! Thank you, it was!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so excited that you get to enjoy the summer off :) I'm loving your meal choices too! I LOVE Crispix cereal. I know that Chex has some gf versions, I should check to see if they are vegan too. I'm suddenly craving cold cereal ;) The calzone looks so decadent and delicious!! I'm a little jealous of that, I'm not going to lie. We don't have a pizza bar at either of my close WFs locations, boo!

    Awww it sounds like such a lovely evening with your friend! Excellent snack choices and the wine is a perfect way to cap off a warm day. Spending time with friends is seriously the best :) Glad you had a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised at how quickly my time is being occupied - I'm sure it'll slow down at some point, but for now I'm enjoying it! Luckily that was the end of the Crispix, as I bought it last week. Otherwise I'd continue to eat it all the time! Ha! No pizza bar?! That's not okay!

      I agree, spending time with friends is the best and I'm so glad she called! We're hoping to make it more frequent (it's hard because she's married with a one year old, so she's usually super busy!).

      Delete
  3. I'll be checking out WFs tomorrow, but I seriously doubt they'll have anything like that pizza and calzone. Looks like a fantastic day in every way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't always have vegan pizza, but this is the first time I saw a vegan calzone. They gal who wrapped it up for me said she saw them making it, and that it looked so good - which is always a good sign!

      Thank you, it was a good day!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this was definitely a great food post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day - great food, a bit of booze, and some nice company with cocoa dusted almonds - what more does a person need?!

    ReplyDelete