Sunday, June 9, 2013

Berries, Brunch & Brainstorm

Well, it happened again.  Another delicious "waffles with berries and syrup" breakfast.
I met a couple friends for a late brunch (11:30am), and knew that the menu would be slim pickings for me.  So, I started with an espresso. . .
And then a Kir Royale. . .
Lastly, the Simple Salad.

Grapes and cherries in the afternoon (a.k.a. cleaning out the fridge).
Dinner:


There was a bit of a pow-wow (via phone) concerning all travelers and their preferred destinations while in Texas, and it sounds like we'll be all over the place.  Sadly for me, no time for a drive to the ocean.  I'm sure there will plenty of other adventures to keep me distracted, and you'll hear all about next week!  Be well, my friends, and I'll see you soon!

10 comments:

  1. Brunch sounds awesome! I love little espressos. All the better when paired with some fancy booze.
    Glad to hear that cleaning out the fridge doesn't necessarily mean you stumble upon foods you really can't eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love little espressos, too - I feel so elegant. Ha! It usually includes one or two "failure to eat in time" items, but I went a little lean on the groceries that week!

      Delete
  2. Oh man that breakfast. It looks like you'd get that breakfast in a restaurant. So pretty :) I am so sad that restaurant brunches for the most part aren't very vegan friendly. I can't do black coffee or espresso but yours looks so pretty. At least the salad looks nice and fresh and not like some ridiculous iceberg salads I've fallen victim to. Great looking quinoa salad too.

    Ahhh have a great trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Be safe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I hope to organize my photos and post away about the trip. It's only been a couple of hours, and I wish I could stay in vacation mode (and maybe even on vacation! Ha!). I'm excited to catch up on your posts. :)

      Delete
  3. I love those big 'VEGAN' stickers on food.

    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - makes it all easier to find. :)

      It was lovely, I'd do it all again and wish I could make it last longer!

      Delete
  4. Kir royale - you're doing brunch right!

    And long may the waffles continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All about the Kir Royale. I hope to have a few more waffles in the future. :)

      Delete
  5. Too bad the brunch place didn't have waffles, but it's good you took care of making one yourself. I hope you're having all sorts of great vegan adventures in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a French restaurant, so all items were soaked in butter, milk, and /or cream.

      I'd say 50% success, but there were a lot of boring meals (iceberg salads, pb toast for breakfast almost everyday. . .) which I didn't bother to photograph. Regardless, I LOVED all of the adventures! Can't wait to tell you all about it. :)

      Delete