Monday, May 27, 2013

Weekend Review & Summer List

Saturday, my family joined me on a trip to Cherry Creek State Park - while dogs are allowed all over, we went to the off-leash park. It has a lot of easy trials and a creek where the dogs can play.

I let Remy get all sorts of dirty, and promptly put him into the tub upon return to the house.
I didn't get a good picture of my parents' dog, Terra, but here's one that my brother sent me last week: she has taken to digging a hole in the front yard and hiding her treats (this one is a milk bone). Ha ha!
No food to show you, as I must have contracted food poisoning (my best guess, although I don't know what - I'm not eating anything I ate on Saturday for a long time!) and I spent all day yesterday unable to keep anything down.  Good times. After about 14 hours, it was suggested to take a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water to help calm the nausea and stomach cramps. It helped some.
I am about 85% better today, and currently holding down breakfast. Hooray! 

Moving on to a happier topic: the summer list!
Destinations: Austin & San Antonio, Texas (in two weeks - I've never been!), Kansas (harvest), as many Colorado destinations as I can fit in!  
Activities: hiking, increase jogging distance, a new fitness class
Projects: yard work, closet cleaning, new recipes, crafts
Work Related: Four days of AP (Advanced Placement) training, curriculum and lesson planning

I'll be back soon with meals, once they start to look interesting again. :) I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day!

13 comments:

  1. Oh no! Food poisoning is no fun. At. All. I'm sorry about that. Your outing looked like a lot of fun though! I love just hiking around and exploring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that's what it was, but regardless, it wasn't very much fun. I love hiking, too!

      Delete
  2. OH NO!!!! I'm so sorry about your food poisoning! That is so terrible, I hope that you get back to 100% too! Try and keep drinking water, tea, vitamin water/gatorade. I know vitamin water and gatorade are not ideal and are gross but you definitely need to try and stay hydrated!

    Hooray for your summer list though! I Love everything on it! How great that you are going to be doing some traveling! I've heard some amazing things about Texas, I can't wait to see where your travels bring you! Hooray for new fitness classes too! Do you have any in mind? Ooh crafting and recipes are fun, I hope you'll share ;) Oooh AP training! This is going to be your first time teaching AP? Look at you and your students, all smartypants like ;)

    Feel better, hope to see you back in action soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh duh, Remy and Terra are so cute! Does Remy love being in the water? Terra is so cute burying her treat!! The hike looks gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sarah! I wasn't keeping water down for a while there. After the ACV, I drank coconut water and that stayed down so I drank more on Monday. Such a strange illness / food poisoning, I still feel a little strange.

      I need to start planning out the Texas trip better, hopefully I get to that over the next couple of days! In terms of classes, I'd like to try both a yoga and work up to a spinning class. A gal I work with teaches a class, and I know she'd be encouraging. I will definitely share any creations! Since this is a new school, we have to spend one year prepping ourselves (and the students) for AP - so I'll be teaching one 10th grade Honors English section this fall and need to know how to plan for success!

      Remy is usually not a water dog, but this time it was so hot outside that I think he wanted to cool off. Every time I see that picture of Terra, I laugh! Too funny! :)

      Delete
  3. Get well soon - food poisoning is harsh.
    Still, that list would cheer anyone up - where's on the hiking list, and what's the fitness class? Anything in mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey! The hiking will be in-state (Colorado), and the fitness classes will be trying out a yoga class and by the end of the summer - be able to not die in a cycling class. ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that picture of Remy. It looks like he was having quite the blast! So cute that Terra buries her treats. I've never had a dog who did that, although Rowan would dig rocks out of our yard when we first moved to this house.

    I'm so sorry you've been sick. Yikes. :( I hope you're feeling all better by now!

    So exciting about your trip to Texas! Will you be visiting the Vegan Yacht in Austin? We're determined to some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so dirty; even the blanket in the backseat was filthy from the ride home. Ha! Terra is the only one I've known to bury her treats, she's so funny! I guess Rowan waned to contribute to the landscaping! :)

      I'm almost there - not quite though.

      I hadn't even heard of the Vegan Yacht! I'll look into it! I honestly don't have much planned minus the flight itinerary. ;)

      Delete
  5. Isn't it wonderful getting sick over vacation time. I'm not a doctor, but I think not being able to keep anything down sounds more like the Norovirus.

    Envious of your trip to Texas.

    Love Remy's curled up tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. . .I thought about that or some kind of stomach bug, and it might be. I'm still not 100% but definitely eating better.

      I'm envious of your proximity to other states and an ocean! :)

      He had a great day, and a good thing because there was no walking on Sunday!

      Delete
  6. Glad you are feeling better now :) That summer list looks excellent! I'll have to make one myself, it's always good to have stuff to look forward to. The doggies are so sweet and Cherry Creek State Park looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lana! I'm almost there, slowly but surely. Last year I wasn't so good about accomplishing my goals during the summer!

      The dogs had a lovely time, and it is a gorgeous park!

      Delete