Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mid-Week Status

Raise your hand if you're still missing the one hour of sleep you lost on Sunday.
We're definitely at the end of citrus season, as the grapefruits are getting a little strange.
Bring on the spring produce! One more week! Woo hoo!
Unfried Rice: a better picture than yesterday's version.  Even my boss wanted to know what was in my lunch.
I really intended to cook this evening, but instead cheated and went to Whole Foods.  I picked up a fresh juice:
Drank the whole thing and shoved a pretzel roll in my mouth (so fast, you missed the picture!).  Which meant I was half full by the time I actually had dinner.  I saved four of the salad rolls to take for lunch tomorrow.
As you can see, our 60 degree weather has melted nearly all the snow.  But, back to the salad rolls - there was plenty of peanut sauce for dipping as well.  Yum.
Tomorrow I will cook dinner.  Maybe. ;)

8 comments:

  1. The unfried rice looks really good. I made a similar dinner tonight, but not with rice! I'll take a tip from you with the broccoli...
    And, quick, eat as much grapefruit as you can while it's only "strange" and not "dry" and "sad."
    Carrot and kale juice sounds great. Was it already bottled when you bought it? I haven't seen them sold like that at mine, but they have a new juice bar that I have yet to inspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broccoli - yes, and what else I need is bean sprouts! That would really make it authentic.

      Think I'm all done with the citrus. *sigh*

      It was bottled in a bin of ice, but they were juicing other varieties feet away. I think they are trying to take a "bite" (er. . .swallow?) out of the popular juice revolution.

      Delete
  2. Vegan Donuts and fresh juice?! Your WF's is very impressive. I wont risk a Grapefruit at this point, don't want to risk being turned off forever. Beautiful Salad Rolls. Don't waste that Peanut Sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since they impressed me, so it's about time! Ha! As much peanut sauce could be had, was had.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, salad rolls with peanut sauce! I adore that combo. Well, anything with peanut sauce is always good, but veggies especially.

    I've noticed that the oranges aren't as good as they were a month ago. I'm really looking forward to spring and summer fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salad rolls are so good! I agree - veggies and peanut sauce is always amazing.

      So true regarding the citrus - yes, bring on the berries!!

      Delete
  4. I've noticed the last few oranges I ate have been mediocre. Sad to see citrus season coming to an end but exciting that it's almost watermelon/cherry/berry season!! yay!!

    The unfried rice looks sooooooo good! How great that your boss inquired about it! The juice and pretzel roll definitely sound like a great way to take the hunger edge off and the salad rolls with peanut sauce are perfect! And leftovers are even better! Love being able to enjoy a great meal again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Hello cherries and berries! Woo hoo!

      It's always validating when people are envious of our meals. :) All of the items consumed in the evening were spectacular - I bet you would love the salad rolls!

      Delete