Monday, February 18, 2013

Lookin' Good

Quick cardio at the gym, followed by baked oatmeal and a grapefruit half.  And morning sunshine.
Out and about, and in need of some goodness: carrot-apple-ginger from Parsley.
Late lunch: rosemary garlic roasted potatoes (Whole Foods) and greens (drizzled with balsamic vinegar post photo).
Seasoned kale chips from the dehydrator as a snack:
Currently finishing up the cooking process of Carrot Ginger Soup.  I'll probably have a small bowl before squirreling it away for lunches this week.
Thank you Congress for approving President's Day (err. . .George Washington's birthday) as a national holiday.  I would like to formally request that all weekends be three days long. 

8 comments:

  1. A colorful day! I especially love the purples of the potatoes & greens. The juice sounds like a great combo & really refreshing. Mmmm.....

    I'm jealous of your three day weekend. Although, I have Friday off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, much more colorful - as it should be! I got into the habit of more vegetables and when I started to eat less - I noticed the difference internally and visually! The juice was really delicious.

      Ooh, enjoy your upcoming three day weekend!

      Delete
  2. Definitely a beautiful food day today. Really great that you got in a workout today! Your breakfast looks delicious and the sunshine makes it that much better. I love your plates too (sidenote, ha!). I'm planning on getting back into my juicing and yours looks really great. I love that fresh juice has such vibrant, beautiful colors. Garlic roasted potatoes sound perfect and warming and those kale chips! I need to make some... I like that you do them in small portions... it just drives me crazy to have to start making my afternoon snack after breakfast, lol! Pretty color soup!

    Glad you enjoyed your day off! I'd like 3 day weekends as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning sunshine makes everything better. ;) I am so jealous of your juicer! I imagine it's much cheaper in the long run, especially when two cups of juice costs $6 at the shop. I love making small portions of kale chips, and it takes only an hour and half since it's a single layer!

      Thank you, and I hope your week goes well!

      Delete
  3. What a nice looking day of food! But even more than the food I think I love the morning sunshine. I'm soooo ready for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! It was tasty and certainly sunny - just chilly and windy, which made it less enjoyable to be outside. ;)

      Delete
  4. Another day of super light eating. I do love those WF's Rosemary Roasted Potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The potatoes were pretty good, but the soup was even better! ;)

      Delete