Sunday, January 20, 2013

Procrastination

I should have worked out, cleaned the house, and washed laundry.  However, I kept putting it off all day - and here we are in the evening! Ack!  Good thing tomorrow Martin Luther King Jr. has gifted us with a day off.

Grape Nuts with almond milk. . .
Followed by a Starbucks Soy Latte, enjoyed with conversation from friend.

Vegan Van - it's what's for lunch.
Planet Rock, with the normal side of oven roasted popcorn.  I usually upgrade to the salad, but I had two leaves worth of cheezy kale chips in the dehydrator waiting at home.  I snacked on the kale chips throughout the afternoon.

Dinner was the last serving (finally! It made a lot) of Braised Cabbage with Seitan.  I served it over a small red potato.
Downton Abbey tonight, and afterwards starting a new book (finished House at Riverton last night) which was sent to me, along with the second book, from a close friend for Christmas.  Tomorrow, there will be productivity, and you'll hear all about it. ;) 

10 comments:

  1. I have lost all concept of holidays observed on Mondays since Monday has become one of my regular days off. That is so great that you have off tomorrow though! It sounds like a really nice day along with some great looking meals! That Vegan Van is seriously enviable and I love the idea of popcorn as a side. And you still got your greens in today in a very tasty form. Great looking meals, enjoy Downton Abbey! I've been thinking recently that I really need to get back into the habit of reading. I've been wanting to read Inferno again... the last time I read it was in college... and you know how books are read in college, ha!

    Enjoy your day off tomorrow! Cheers to productivity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is, for now! When you own your bakery, you can be opened or closed, work or not work, whenever you'd like. :)

      It has been a couple of months since I visited the Vegan Van, and it was just as good as I remembered.

      I think I read Dante's Infero in college, too! I didn't read at all last fall, and resumed once I went on break - now I'm in the habit of reading before bed.

      Thank you, I did!

      Delete
  2. Whoa, vegan van looks awesome. I love how they plop it down on a pile of popcorn. The grapenuts looks really good. That was my favorite cereal as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nikki, the Vegan Van is quite a treat! Too be honest, I don't remember what my favorite cereal was as a child - but it was probably Rice Crispies or Crispix.

      Delete
  3. You're lucky to have the Vegan Van there. Whenever you post their food it always looks great.

    Very lucky to have today off, too! I wish I didn't have to leave the house today- wind chills are getting to 30 below. Ugh.

    I hope you're enjoying your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are quite lucky, and I should have spent the day in service, in honor of Dr. King - good thing my full time job is in service to education!

      Brr! We broke the cold snap at the end of last week and will be warm all week. I'll be sure and send it up to you soon! :)

      Delete
  4. Sod productivity - give me books and kale chips any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books and kale chips always take the lead over productivity. ;)

      Delete
  5. So great to have Popcorn as a side (it's also good as packing material).

    Your day could only have gotten better if you got some new pics of Remy to upload to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sprinkles some kind of spicy, salty, nooch over the top of the popcorn. Pretty good.

      I hear your request, and will make that happen this week. :)

      Delete