Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On the Way

I am closing in on feeling 100% healthy again.  Maybe it was the fluids?  The rest?  The increase in nutrition? I'll go with all of the above.  I missing some leafy greens in today's meals, but I like that I begin each day thinking of ways to increase my vegetable intake.  I'm on my way!

Tofu scramble (tofu, spinach, spices, Galaxy cream cheese) with whole wheat toast.
Chinese Chopped Salad and an apple for lunch.
Snack: half a cucumber dusted with Old Bay Seasoning.
Oven roasted vegetables toasted in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, pepper, and Penzey's Forward spice blend.
Carrots, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and green onion.

See you Thursday!  Have a great night!

12 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! I have a feeling everything you mentioned played a part in your feeling better :) You are certainly a role model for how to take care of ourselves when we are sick! Glad you are on the mend :)

    Your meals look delicious as always! I never thought of putting cream cheese in a tofu scramble. I bet that made it so creamy! What a great idea. Your salad and roasted veggies look lovely as always, you are doing such a great job with increasing your veggie intake! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I've beat it!

      It's all about the cream cheese in tofu scrambles - it does makes it creamy! I loved the roasted veggies, and had them for lunch yesterday as well.

      I can totally tell the difference on my high-veggie intake days!

      Delete
  2. Get (fully) well soon! If you're kicking off the day with some greens in your scramble, I think you're doing pretty well on the nutrition front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a little spinach in my breakfast makes me feel like I've earned bonus points from the start. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

    You're doing fantastic on the greens & veggies intake. Everything looks terrific, especially that scramble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly!

      I can absolutely feel the difference when my days are veggie heavy. Love the tofu scramble scene!

      Delete
  4. Great job shaking off that illness. I like the idea of Cream Cheese in the Scramble. I will try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shen! Yes, do - and tell us all your review! Just a tablespoon usually does the trick.

      Delete
  5. Adding cream cheese to a scramble is one of the best ideas I've ever heard. That sounds absolutely delicious! Glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is the best, I hope you try it sometime!

      Delete
  6. I'd say great job at increasing the veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! I'm on my way (for the most part!).

      Delete