Saturday, January 19, 2013

Current Whole Foods Hot Bar #1

It's been since last April that I updated this Whole Foods Hot Bar offerings, so I thought I'd run through all three stores (one entry per store) and show what's currently available.  I'd love to see what Whole Foods (or any other market, for that matter) has to offer around the nation - so if you're up for it, sneak a few pictures to share!

Potato and Garbanzo Curry 
Spicy Eggplant Soup
Sweet Potatoes with Cranberries and Pumpkin Seeds
Sesame Noodles with Cucumber
Curried Cauliflower and peas (homemade tortilla chips, and rice dish in the back)
Not shown: brown rice, sauteed veggies, Vegan Mexican Rice (meant to get a picture, but didn't).

A few non-hot bar items, Tofu Bahn Mi wraps and:
The dessert case:
I couldn't get the cookie case to photograph properly, but there were chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, tahini (?!), and maple pecan vegan cookies. Also, vegan brownies.

If you can believe it, I didn't purchase any of these items!  I went in for a few pieces of produce and bread.  However, I did walk out with one of these:
Hopefully this post was at least somewhat interesting, and if it is - I'll visit the other two stores near me in the coming weeks.

See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. That Whole Foods has a lot more than the one in Milwaukee does! We were just there today and it's always so disappointing to us, so we rarely go there.

    The sweet potato dish sounds so good. I could also go for those sesame noodles. So many desserts there, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the biggest of the three stores, and thus has the greatest selection of vegan hot items. When I visit the other two, they will pale in comparison! It's probably why I end up at the salad bar more often.

      I love the sesame noodles! One of these days, I need to try a vegan brownie, as I don't think I've ever had one.

      Delete
  2. Oh you tease me with that chai!! It always looks so tasty! I love seeing what different WFs hot bars have to offer! I think I'm most intrigued by the sweet potatoes with cranberries and pumpkin seeds and the tamales (of course, ha!)!! The dessert offerings look and sound delicious too. The apple cake sounds really yummy. I'll try and grab some shots of the hot bar if it's not too crowded the next time I go :) Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cranberry and sweet potato dish does sound interesting - perhaps a season too late, but nonetheless tasty!

      I would love to see what's happening in your store!

      Delete
  3. Not a single thing the same as our local WF's. Why can't they work together and share these great ideas/recipes??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would! Truth be told, I looked at last April's post, and a few of the hot bar items are the same. Perhaps they just pick a menu and stick with it.

      Delete
  4. Yr WF looks amazing! I'm with everyone else - I've never seen any of that stuff at my local WF. So funny. The spicy eggplant soup sounds awesome and I'd totally pick up one of the tamales.
    I'll try to sneak into my WF early and get some shots for you but it's pretty pathetic in comparison. maybe I should check out a different one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spicy Eggplant Soup is new to me, too - never seen it before. I wish I could send tamales to you and Sarah!

      Yes, please do! I'd love to see what they have!

      Delete
  5. I love going into new Whole Foods just to see what they have. It's a hobby of mine. :) ours has nowhere near that amount of vegan prepared food. Maybe I'll do a post on our WF one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! I would really enjoy seeing what's in your neck of the woods (hint, hint)!

      Delete